• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
which rubber type is best for putting? i don't like super floppy putters. How does the sole stand up to the occasional drive?

I've used both X-link Medium and Firm. I would say I like the grip in the Mediums better for putting. Mediums just are more flexible than the Firms but are not floppy. The Sole is a stable putter and is excellent for driving. I have Summits, Ridges, and VPs for driving putters so I don't drive with my Soles much but it is a stable so it will hold up just fine on a drive. I like Firms better for any sort of driving but it's really personal preference.

I like (super) Firms for putting. Most guys I see around here using Vibram use the Firm. I would say it does come down to grip preference though. If you like the M, go with it.

Hi all -- figured this was a good spot to put this question.

I'm doing a story on Vibram for Rattling Chains and am looking for a couple of people who throw a lot of Vibram discs to interview for the story. If anyone is interested, you can send me a PM here or shoot me an e-mail: pj[at]rattlingchains.com.

Thanks!

which rubber type is best for putting? i don't like super floppy putters. How does the sole stand up to the occasional drive?

I prefer firm for putting. And the Sole is great for driving, it is my driving putter. I love the extra glide it has and it's stable.

I think it's funny that the Sole was designed to be a "traditional putting putter" and the VP/Ridge/Summit were designed more as driving putters, because I love putting with my VP and teeing off with a Sole.

I think I'm finally gonna give a Vibram putter a shot this winter. I use KC Aviars off the tee and was wondering which Vibram disc comes closest to the KC Pro in terms of flight?

I think I'm finally gonna give a Vibram putter a shot this winter. I use KC Aviars off the tee and was wondering which Vibram disc comes closest to the KC Pro in terms of flight?

I think that the Summit would probably be closest in terms of flight.

Ridge or Sole, definitely not Summit (are closest to KC Aviar in flight).

I have only thrown DX aviars (I didn't read KC, oops!), so I definitely could be wrong, but I feel like the Sole/Ridge have more fade than an Aviar. But I guess the turn is similar (with the Summit having more than all three). Correct me if I'm wrong and sorry to NoahChristopher for bad information. :doh:

Ridge has a bead and the Sole kinda has one. They are similar in flight, except the Sole has more glide. Ridge is lower profile and comes out of the hand a little easier for me, while the Sole is a little deeper in the hand.

Most people feel that the Sole is most comparable to the Discraft Magnet, DGA Titanic and Legacy Clutch which all seem to be the same feel to me as well. All good products to me. Ross Brandt is doing a great job promoting the Vibram products around here letting all try out multiple of each disc to show what it is like new and beat in over a long period of time. I am sure Dana is doing the same in Illinois.

I cant compare the Ridge to any other putter Ive tried. Personally, I think it is the best driving putter ever made. But I didn't like it too much for putting.

Can't go wrong with that. I usually tell people that want to try a Vibram putter, whether it be for driving or putting try a Ridge first. They are an amazing disc. Hardest thing is deciding on what firmness.

Thanks for the info Dana. Sounds like I'll be purchasing a firm Ridge.

Most people feel that the Sole is most comparable to the Discraft Magnet, DGA Titanic and Legacy Clutch which all seem to be the same feel to me as well. All good products to me. Ross Brandt is doing a great job promoting the Vibram products around here letting all try out multiple of each disc to show what it is like new and beat in over a long period of time. I am sure Dana is doing the same in Illinois.

hmmm.. I may just have to pick up a sole now

bought a (VERY) soft ridge for urban/ suburban custom holes, works great as a putter until it hits the center pole and bounces straight out over the basket.. then suddenly i regret everything

bought a (VERY) soft ridge for urban/ suburban custom holes, works great as a putter until it hits the center pole and bounces straight out over the basket.. then suddenly i regret everything

I'd keep that Softy around for courses that have a lot of fast greens. The soft won't roll as much. Its a great disc if you need a 'hit and sit'.

^ i agree with that, however when i noticed it and then tried to utilize the 'sit' my **** rolled down a hill every time haha. its also huge and hard to fit in my bag

I've got a 167 Med ascent that's got a concave flight plate. I've tried turning it upside down filling it with boiling water, and microwaving it, but I can't get the damn thing to go back to at least being flat. Anybody have any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.