• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you guys might like to read my entry in the "guess project 420 mold" competition to win a spot as a tester.

223418_10151300820591593_1525672592_n.jpg

More overstable fairway - I can tell because the disc is speaking to me through this picture and letting me know it's identity through psychic waves that it has chosen me to be it's master. Therefore, I must be picked as the next Vibram tester. Steve Dodge will anoint me the Vibram Hero in the new age of Vibram and I will lead this company to victory in many tournaments. Vibram sales will soar as my shining visage ushers in a new era in sponsorship where 30 year old fanboys can become athletic superstars with the aid of marketing, really hard work, and a wonderful, likeable personality. Thank you.

I just read that on FB, I was thinking of myself in the same regard lol

Vibram ? - Which Vibram Putter Is Best & Mid-Range/Fairway Driver? Playing in a tourney where we get two Vibrams for entering so curious which I should choose.

Vibram ? - Which Vibram Putter Is Best & Mid-Range/Fairway Driver? Playing in a tourney where we get two Vibrams for entering so curious which I should choose.

I will be playing in a birdie bash on 3/17, and I am going to go with an Ibex and a Sole. The Ibex holds up pretty well in the wind and absolutely bombs (as long as you have good form) and the Sole is a great stable putter with good glide.

Yes it is a birdie bash - but this would be my first organized event i've entered.

Depending on the course (length of holes), how far you throw, the conditions of the day, and based on what you already throw based on your signature, I would recomend either the Ridge or Sole for you putter. On a longer course I would reccomend a Trak. It will be a tad bit more stable than the Leopard but will give you some incredible shot making ability. On a shorter course I would go with either of the mids. If you throw forehand at all or need to on the course you play, I would go with the Ascent. More overstable but still goes straight if you know how to throw it. Most likely you are not playing a course that would require a Lace but that is by far the most impressive Vibram disc out of the box in my opinion.

Finally , a VBB in the area, Im going to go with a VP and Obex in the firm material. I am hoping the project 420 disc is a overstable fairway driver similar to the Whippet, something that will make a good overall utility disc.

Ok Steve, I really appreciate your responses on here and I understand and respect your reasons for not being able to share all your company's information. But can you please tell us if there will be a Vibram disc coming out in 2013 that will be overstable enough to handle a strong headwind? Those of us that live in windy states are dying to find out!

The answer to this is very simple.

Yes it is a birdie bash - but this would be my first organized event i've entered.

THANK YOU FOR SIGNING UP TO PLAY A BIRDIE BASH! You are the exact type of person we were thinking of when we created the event. HAVE FUN!

Regarding discs, I would go with the Ibex / Summit (or Ridge) combo. The Ibex holds every line well (except for into a headwind) and the Summit is money for me within 150' - although big hyzers are tough with it. If you have a strong approach game, I'd shift to the Ridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts