• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

I have set some of the more colorful discs in my office outside for fade testing. Thanks for the heads up about the fading - I haven't seen or heard of it yet, so I'll try to figure out what's what with this.

I have decided that I am carrying a ridge and a summit in the bag from now on. I got one of each from Greg and they all fit a certain spot in the bag just right. Plus, vibram discs are the best made stuff out there and I want to support them. I have already done this for a long time now but since I am moving to a new disc golf scene in West Virginia I am going to rock the vibram discs from the get go. Now I just need to get my hands on a cool looking summit. The granite VP and Ridge I got from Flick4D look awesome so I got those covered.

Steve, have folks had any luck dying yer putters? If so, which plastic and/or dye combo works the best. From the coments made on the fading "problem", sounds like some may be very willing to take/loose color. just wondering, thanks.............lefty

Yes you can dye them

Shaun said:
Vibram Ridge
thPhoto05891.jpg

Vibram Ridge
thPhoto05871.jpg

Got my first Vibram Disc today, a gray Ridge. Guessing it's a firm since it's stiff and not as grippy as I expected. Excited to go compare it head to head to a Wizard. What should I be expecting?

I like how the printed the name and info on the back, but I don't understanding the flight ratings. Mine says Fade 16, Speed 52 and 6, and turn 5. ???

Also it was correctly weighed. Good job Vibram :D

Oh, one more question. I don't think it would but has anyone noticed the rubber Vibram inlay slowing down their upside down skip shots?

Mike C said:
Got my first Vibram Disc today, a gray Ridge. Guessing it's a firm since it's stiff and not as grippy as I expected. Excited to go compare it head to head to a Wizard. What should I be expecting?

Similar flight, a tad more overstable and a little less glide (making it more predictable, imo.)

I like how the printed the name and info on the back, but I don't understanding the flight ratings. Mine says Fade 16, Speed 52 and 6, and turn 5. ???

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/index2.html Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Ratings". This should explain our rating system.

Also it was correctly weighed. Good job Vibram :D

Thanks. I was recently talking with a retailer as he was unpacking his most recent Vibram order. He put them right on the shelves without checking the weights. I asked him if he weighed any of his discs and he said, "All of them. Except Vibram, you guys weigh 'em right."

Yes we do. We put them on a scale and write the weight on the back. :shock:

Oh, one more question. I don't think it would but has anyone noticed the rubber Vibram inlay slowing down their upside down skip shots?

I've never even contemplated this. I'd love to hear what someone who does this kind of shot thinks.

That's an interesting flight rating system. Seems more objective than saying this disc has 4 glide etc. Very nice site too by the way. I'll write up a Wizard VS Ridge post whenever I get the chance to test it out.

I started a little blog. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep it going, but it is so easy I should be able to. I posted something cool over there and if anyone can pull it into this thread, it would be appreciated.

Enjoy. http://vibramdiscgolf.posterous.com/

It is official, when I move to West Virginia next month I am making a trip to Massachusetts and breaking into Steven's office to steal as many of those sweet discs as possible. Going in Mission Impossible style. Steven, do you have a sky light or something I could repel down from, I want to keep it authentic :D

peppermack said:
It is official, when I move to West Virginia next month I am making a trip to Massachusetts and breaking into Steven's office to steal as many of those sweet discs as possible. Going in Mission Impossible style. Steven, do you have a sky light or something I could repel down from, I want to keep it authentic :D

You'll have my support.

I groped an x-link soft at Steve's home shop today. Gross. They are SUPER gummy and floppy, I want one.

We will be at Am Worlds in force! Stop by any of these locations and give us a shout out.

Monday at 6:00 PM, an hour before the player's meeting, we will hold a Vibram Putting Clinic and Durability Demo. Basically, we go over the Vibram discs and materials, giving folks a chance to see and grip each of them. We also go over some putting tips that have worked for us. And lastly, we attempt to destroy some discs. Yes, we will be bashing them into rocks and roads, and we need your help! :-D

Tuesday at 7:00 PM, we will be at the Flymart showing off the discs and running putting games with prizes. All women and Jr competitors can stop by the booth and pick-up a free Vibram mini.

Try your hand at putting with the Vibram discs in each of the X-Link materials. Prizes, raffles and fun are sure to be had.

Possible prizes? Vibram Tester Team spots, Way Cool Custom discs (see http://vibramdiscgolf.posterous.com/are-these-the-coolest-discs-ever), X-Link Soft discs, and more. You'll have to stop by and see.

Latest posts