• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

Rick at DGW just sent me an email saying he's got one, and wants me to test fly it this weekend. I'll take some pictures, and get back to you Sunday evening!

*drool I hav to try one of these now. They look nice and would be perfect in heavily woofed courses where you wanna use a good driver but can't sacrifice beating the crap out of it. Me likey

UPS man just brought me a package. I opened with drooling anticipation but, alas, it was a Z Xtreme I received for a trade. Dammit; maybe tomorrow…

Meh. It will merely take its rightful place in the backup box with its 26 brothers & sisters. This one is opaque orange, though, somewhat of an exciting bonus.

jubuttib said:
I get Ridge, Summit and Ascent, but how does VP fit into all of this? =)

VP was the internal prototype name we gave the first disc. It stands for Vibram Putter. We decided to keep it, although we decided to not name our first driver using similar initials. :lol:

dgdave said:
So did any more of these show up anywhere today?

Hi all. The first two weeks of July, we shut the plant down for an annual cleaning and to do major equipemnt review/repair/replacements. The day before shutdown, I got 20 some Ascents molded. I sent one of each of these to the Team Vibram folks and our Pinnacle Retailers. If you want to fondle and test one of these within the next few weeks, you'll need to talk to one of these folks. Otherwise, tester Ascents should be going out in a couple weeks.

As usual, if you are getting a tester Ascent, I will shoot you an email with a link to the online form to fill out with your comments (and as always, please have as many people as possible give it a whirl.)

And before anyone asks, we are full up on testers right now ( :shock: ) and I am developing a system for getting new testers to replace those folks that don't respond with feedback.

Steven Dodge said:
Hi all. The first two weeks of July, we shut the plant down for an annual cleaning and to do major equipemnt review/repair/replacements.

Heh, we used to do the same at my plant. We implemented a TPM program to eliminate the need for it though, it appears to be working quite well too.

Steven Dodge said:
jubuttib said:
I get Ridge, Summit and Ascent, but how does VP fit into all of this? =)

VP was the internal prototype name we gave the first disc. It stands for Vibram Putter. We decided to keep it, although we decided to not name our first driver using similar initials. :lol:

haha

Latest posts