• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

Tim Red Beard said:
Jeronimo said:
BTW...

Spot the Tim Red Beard (he made the news!):

http://www.necn.com/pages/landing?blockID=290053

Thanks for posting this, I didn't even know I would be on there, that was my 1st drive of the tourney, I didn't clear the pond but I was in bounds....Such a blast this year, I can't wait to go again next. Even tho I played like complete a$$ in the 2nd round.

And Dave I totally understand that's why I bought one when they were $20 bucks. It's a wall hanger for sure, I still haven't gotten my Proto ones from Steve but you know he's been busy planning THE BEST tourney (I have played in all year).

Looked like a solid drive to me. The best part is I was talking to you face to face that day and you have no idea who I is. BUAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted: :lol:

Just checked eBay for Ascents and noticed a Vibram doggy disc. How does that thing fly? =)

They must be switching servers or something, as their IP address (68.195.210.78) that I NSLOOKUPed now leads to Norwalk Exchange Club. Sometimes DNS changes can take a day or two to shake out.

booter said:
utopia has em in

I called Brad today at Utopia and ordered over the phone. They are gonna be busy this weekend with the Cranbury Classic an A-Tier event. But the store should still be open, their info is:

Utopia Disc Golf: 203-838-8782 or email them - [email protected]

I got me a Summit, Ridge and VP all X-Link Soft, however just a word of warning don't leave them outside in the elements. I have one that turned from grippy to super slick and brittle, I have passed this along to Steve and the disc which he will pass along to R&D and Quality to see what the deal is. I left mine in my practice basket that's why it got the way it did.

@Jeronimo, I didn't throw it cause I'm gonna hang it on the wall. I might field test it this weekend sometime or tomorrow before my Match Play Round....but I'll just wait for my testers from Steve.

I will be listing a couple of my Proto X-Link Soft Ridges on the site, Veganray has first dibs but all offers are considered, both are Red with blueish flecks.

TRB

P.S. I will have much more Vibram Stuff listed as well, some of everything.

Just got these bad boys in the mail today from Steve. Thanks Steve! They feel SWEET. I have not thrown them yet but plan to take them to the tourney this weekend for testers.

The Vibram Driver Ascent
SU1BRzAyMDAuanBn.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I lost my trusty Ridge today. I am so sad right now...

Doesn't help that they cost like 19 USD over here.

jubuttib said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I lost my trusty Ridge today. I am so sad right now...

Doesn't help that they cost like 19 USD over here.

I might have one for you I'd sell you for $15 where do you live? I'm guessing not the US when you say "over here"

Tim Red Beard said:
I might have one for you I'd sell you for $15 where do you live? I'm guessing not the US when you say "over here"
Thanks for the offer but the postages alone would probably be more than the disc. =)

People that are throwing Ridges a lot, how are they holding up in stability?

Mine has lost stability quite quickly, a month or two and it is turning to the right on flat and slight hyzers. I don't recall any super hard tree hits but who knows. Wonder if they are tunable? Never really tried to tune putters back stable.