• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

I'm going to categorize this disc FAF. Flippy as fuck. Even with a 20+ mph tailwind and pretty steep Hyzer, it would turn and burn. No clue on glide because of turn. Seemed decently fast. Its one of the new "fast discs for slow arms" kinda discs. Blah.

Personally i'm disgusted by the trend of the whole industry making rollers out of the box in droves in the last years. Like there weren't those in the older discs already and for more seasoned players they get more reliable rollers out of worn examples of more controllable straighter discs. So my question is WHY? Sure Vibram has pretty hard fading drivers out now but that ain't exactly complimented by a roller. A real addition to the line up would be a straight to slightly understable disc depending on the power. Like Leopard or at most River. Thus a new player without the best form or power but decent in mechanics should be able to throw it without fading out badly and to get it to go right by annying and an average player should be able to hyzer flip it to straight or get anny from a flat release=everyone wins. I'd be happy with a Leo/River or a hybrid of them in rubber for added grip which has been my only complaint with obvious naturally occurring wind issues that hit every understable disc anyway so i'm not expecting anything in that department. Wind beaters are another role.

My white lace throws a lot like a 8/10 star destroyer. I can't rip it really well right now due to a strained groin but it was S-curving and fading out to about 370' for me. It could even handle a little headwind. Anyone else throw a white one?

yes. it's really nice.

very stable... not OS, or understable, just line holding stable. Like... freakishly true flying for a high speed driver. reminded me of a very long TL.

I usually throw teebirds and TL's about 300-325 and could only get worn pro destroyers out to around 340, 350 max flat ground D. today I got the Lace out to about 375'. some turn, and very forward cutting fade. almost always on center line landing no more than 15 feet from the center. Into a headwind it needed some hyzer release but stayed true. thrown flat and torque-y it would roll into a headwind.

The best part about the disc is the glide. it just keeps going. and, not just glide 'for a Vibram disc' but serious 'when will it drop?' glide.

Both of mine were red, 167g; one had a pop top dome and a TON of flash on the leading edge, one had less flash and less dome. they flew identical which seems like a good sign to me.

only bad thing i can say about it is the flash on the rim, it's enough to cut a man. otherwise the Lace gets a huge thumbs up from me.

I haven't just for the fact that I got a flippy proto that was one of the most useless discs ever and I never got to test a stable one.

The production ones are good, the one I threw is a little less stable than my white proto with a bit more glide. I could get it out to about 360' but then it would kinda dump on me.

They definitely have a pronounced fade to them, but I've been impressed. They are matching my usual max distance of around 440', but I just really like the material better than most plastics. For the distance I get out of them, they have a fairly straight flight path, which reminds me of the stable Swords. Unlike the Swords, the inner rim is pretty close to 90 degrees, which makes the grip a lot more comfortable for me. I have 3 of the productions and they all fly very similarly. If they can keep making them like this, they definitely have a really nice first distance driver.

Can anybody help me find lighter weight (165-168g) Vibram Lace Drivers?

I can't find them at any online retailer. I have e-mailed a few retailers and one brick-and-mortar shop, and annoyingly, have received less than helpful responses.

I'd really like to try this disc out, but I just can't find my weight anywhere! :thumbdown:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vibram-First-Run-Lace-Golf-Disc-166g-Medium-010-/251193173109?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7c47a475

internet rules

So after I made my post earlier on this week on several disc golf message boards looking for lighter weight Lace discs, a gentleman from CommunityDiscs.com contacted me immediately by Private Message to let me know that they had an order for many 164-166g and 167-169g Laces arriving soon and would have them up on http://CommunityDiscs.com/Lace over the weekend.

I then got another PM from him at almost 10 pm last night letting me know they were up. I placed my order today, and was charged a whopping $1.00 in shipping charges. :thumbup:

For the record, I had never even heard of this vendor until the gentleman contacted me. But suffice it to say that they've completely earned my business going forward. NOTE TO ALL OTHER DISC GOLF VENDORS: THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS! :cool: :cool: :cool: