• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

Flipflat said:
^^^I love those marbled vp's. Is that going to be a production color?

Steve said they were working on getting a production run of those out. Different colors I believe. The ones in the pic are protos. But ya, I believe there will be some more.

So Steve said there may be a run of swirlys this summer if they get the process refined enough for consistency and quality. No Promises.

Karl

it's only right that i bump this thread on page 100 with a peppermack lulz

so i surf the swarmy waters of an open wifi network at my apartment, and i see other ppl's machines pop up as network shares. see lately, there's this mysterious haxor machine called.....

pepperlaptop.jpg

it makes me laff :)

inb4 mac suxx... i'm getting a PC within 2 weeks
***stoked***

but will keep and use much mac

Got my firm VP in and so far I really dig it! Only got to do a little field testing with it earlier today but I'm feeling pretty good about kicking the challenger out of the bag for driving putter.

I've been throwing my 2 Ridges since I got them, 171 & 172 and I love them!! I got a stack of VP's from Peppermack and so far my favorite is the KC Worlds one, really love what it's doing for me. Now the Gem is the XMas Ridge that I got from DGDave it's so cool looking, too bad it's too light for me to throw.

Anyone got anymore Ridges they want to get rid of for trade or some cash? 171 and up please. Thanks.

TRB

I threw the ridge I got from dave today and I really wish it had more glide. The thing throws like a wizard but doesn't glide as well. It's ok but I don't see it making the bag, I like less glide on my overstable discs but on my straight discs I want them to have some glide.

discspeed said:
Frank Delicious said:
I really wish it had more glide.

Me too. Supposedly the softer ones glide better.

If its any consolation I did not hold back on how much of a rubber brick it is compared to many other putters on the market in my tester review. Just like you guys said, its got everything you could want... without any of the glide.

I really don't see the lack of glide on these. Its not crazy glidey, but its not a brick either.

dgdave said:
I really don't see the lack of glide on these. Its not crazy glidey, but its not a brick either.

The Ridge I have is a brick...Drops faster than anything I've ever used as my putting putter. It is however not too much different than other putters of the same stiffness I've used as driversa. Looking at the profile one cannot really compare it to anything other than the Rhyno, and the flight characteristics are really similar imo. Ridge = broken it but not flippy Rhyno.

My soft Ridge has better glide than the firm. I'm beating the heck out of a firm one and am beginning to like it more and more.

Is the lack of glide a real deal-breaker on the ridge? I was really looking forward to the release, I love driving with wizards and the description "wizard-like flight" in a consistant plastic really appealed to me.

Latest posts