• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Vintage Discs?

These are my oldest golf discs. I don't use any of them any more, and no they are not for sale!

Still have a Midnight Flyer and the same Kitty Hawk Softouch putter, along with a Kitty Hawk driver, all from the early 1980s. Besides that, a couple of Jaguars that are too wide to fit in my bag (or else I might still throw them) that I bought sometime in the early 1990s during my brief foray back into disc golf then (I mostly didn't play from about 1986 until 2006). Stingrays are still one of my go-to discs, though mainly in Star plastic now, and I have an Aero and of course the requisite Aviars.

Still have a Midnight Flyer and the same Kitty Hawk Softouch putter, along with a Kitty Hawk driver, all from the early 1980s. Besides that, a couple of Jaguars that are too wide to fit in my bag (or else I might still throw them) that I bought sometime in the early 1990s during my brief foray back into disc golf then (I mostly didn't play from about 1986 until 2006). Stingrays are still one of my go-to discs, though mainly in Star plastic now, and I have an Aero and of course the requisite Aviars.

Jaguars are cool, I still have a freind that drives with them! A great beginer/recreational player disc!

I think I have already posted here that I used to use a Scorpion. I bought a lynx, but it was never thrown and I couldn't be the first to scuff up the plastic, so it hung on the wall until I sold it.
I do still have a dolphin, but it never gets thrown anymore. It was too hard and expensive to find a replacement for it.

I have the same stamped Aviar in my practice basket. Came from a mystery disc purchase at Discovering the World.

Is that a 150 gram? The Wintertime was only 150 class back then. It was fun playing that course with 150 vipers, scorpions, and aviars.

here are a few...nothing special like everybody else has shown...............

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

More vintage discs for y'all to look at

I'm not sure what the Phenix is? It has Champion Discs inc. on the back and a patent #. The deuce is still in my bag!

Attachments

• Scanned Photo-1-1.jpg
    Scanned Photo-1-1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Scanned Photo-3-1.jpeg
    Scanned Photo-3-1.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 11
I roll a jaguar on certain courses, throw a cobra, and a condor in high elevations.

Sorry to revive an old post, I started playing disc golf in the early 80's Mostly at local object courses in CT. The closest pole hole course was Mt. Kisco , NY 75 miles away. My PDGA number is 4810. Back then we played a lot with a guy named Larry Mann. Larry was a Texas transplant and was good friends with the people at Lightning Discs. We would order 100 discs at a time there were about 10 of us who played regularly. I had a blast and would take my discs on vacation. In 88 I got to the west coast to play La Mirada and Balboa Park. I had a bunch of kids and got away from disc golf for a long time. About 3 years ago I heard about Wickham Park in Manchester. I dug up my old discs took my kids with me to play and I got re-addicted. I have 2 of my son's 18 and 21 who now play with me regularly. I used my old green tacky gumbputt for 3 years until I got an Aviar Yeti. I have an old Aero that still resides in my bag along with a Whamo 71 mold. I had a nice 86 softee but I haven't been able to find it. to make a long story short I have a ton of mid 80's and early 90's Whamo, Innova and Lightning Discs. some where near 100 of them. I wish they would remake the Gumbputt of old. I would still use mine if I could replace it.

Latest posts