• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] vroc approved

Well the site finally started responding mostly normally again and there are still 5 colors of these in stock. I went back and picked up a couple more oranges (didn't get any in my initial order). I can't believe the site was still that slow this morning. I got some in my cart 5 minutes till 9 and then I tried to checkout like 10 times and the checkout page timed out every time. I figured they would be all gone by the time I got to checkout again, but after the dust settled my order still went through. If this is the max capacity their hosting provider can give them, it seems like it's time for Discmania to shop around for another hosting provider.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/home/660-vroc-giveaway-coming-soon.html

What is the VRoc?

There seems to be a bit of confusion concerning the new VRocs we are coming out with. There are three different flavors of VRocs. VRoc 1 will be designated VRoc and is the mellowest and straightest out of the box Roc. It is based on the San Marino Roc. Enter now for your chance to win one before the release!

More VRocs

VRoc2 is planned for later and is basically the VRoc version of the Rancho Cucamonga Roc. We have affectionately called this the Rocamonga. It is the most overstable of the three VRoc types.

The Champion Jolly Launcher VRoc3 has been sequestered for Innova Europe/Discmania's European Open fundraising. The VRoc3 is the Roc3 version of the VRoc and is the flattest and fastest. It has a stability between the VRoc and the VRoc2.

All of the VRocs get the benefit of extra torque resistance.

The VRoc variants were sent in to PDGA as a variant. They are legal for PDGA play.

as a fan of innova and discmania products I'm not impressed with this new naming scheme/rehash of the mold.

really what's the difference between a rancho/san morino/roc3/vR/vR2/vR3 from a functional thrower perspective?

So I'm assuming this means all the VRocs use the same mold, but they just tweak it before running the different types. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's why Innova didn't have to resubmit the Roc3 mold for PDGA certification; it was the same mold used for the Rancho Roc, just tweaked slightly. The mold itself is what gets certified; any tweaks they do to that mold do not require re-certification I believe.

OMFG, So not only 1 VRoc but three! I guess McBeth will have to win 3 more Worlds now to get his sig on them. It is cool that they have different stabilities. So they say anyhow.

They should of had the VR1 the most stable and 3 least stable. Meehhh

Last edited:
as a fan of innova and discmania products I'm not impressed with this new naming scheme/rehash of the mold.

really what's the difference between a rancho/san morino/roc3/vR/vR2/vR3 from a functional thrower perspective?

Explain Funtional Thrower?

You forgot Ontario lol

Innova needs to focus on making Roc3s all flat, and making DX and KC Ranchos well, not this extra BS.

I'm a pretty big Innova apologist most of the time, but this is getting out of hand...

So we will now have

Rancho Roc
Sanny Roc
Ontario Roc
Roc3
Vroc1
Vroc2
Vroc3

Plus all the different fundraiser runs and miscellaneous mold tweaks over the years. Ack.

I'm a pretty big Innova apologist most of the time, but this is getting out of hand...

So we will now have

Rancho Roc
Sanny Roc
Ontario Roc
Roc3
Vroc1
Vroc2
Vroc3

Plus all the different fundraiser runs and miscellaneous mold tweaks over the years. Ack.
Don't forget the Classic Roc. You could also consider the Flat Top Roc to be its own mold as well ;)

I don't understand all the hate. If they adjusted the mold to make the disc more high speed stable, wouldn't that be a good thing? Or is it silly that they are giving it a new name? Should they keep the same name and use initials to differentiate between the two versions (like they did with the EX / EL)? Should they stop running the originals and only produce vRocs?