• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Vulture Driver

i Have a few Big-Z without the raised lettering on the inside of the rim. .and i miss it :(

All my Ti VULTURES have it, and i like it. . . STING has very sharp lettering on the inside of the rim, to sharp. . . but all the other moulds i have, i like it and place my fingers there for "grip"

Big Z is worth a shot, from what I hear. I like mine but haven't tried any other plastics.

Well I'd rather have it in Z Glow plastic just because I think that would be a great addition to my glow setup but since there's still snow on the ground 'round these parts I may give a max weight Big Z a try. :thmbup:

-Dave

Picked up a TI and Big Z Vulture at Disc Golf Center and took them to the course across the street. The TI is high speed understable with slight fade, the Big Z is dead straight with a healthy fade. I'm getting huge skips with the Big Z, like 20-30ft. Also great for FH.

Not sure if they will make the bag when I get home but I'm definitely enjoying them.

Has anyone had a change to throw the standard productions runs in Z to see if the're as stable as esp or if they're still flippy like the first run Zs?

Has anyone had a change to throw the standard productions runs in Z to see if the're as stable as esp or if they're still flippy like the first run Zs?

I've tried two regular Z, and they were much more OS than the ESPs I've thrown.

I've got a swirly ESP production run that I took out the other day and really liked it. It's basically a mellow Thunderbird.

I'm digging the Vultures still. Been pairing an ESP with a Big Z and it covers a lot of control drives. Also have a Glow Z (I think a pre-release and its nice and OS) I'd love to see ESP where they actually have White ESPs again, everything is muddy or too bright colors. Snow is melting so im bustin' out the Whitees. FYI all my putters are black so its cool ;)

bought a First Run Z and a Austin Turner ESP Glo, both in 174g.
the First Run Z is straight to flippy for forehands, and the ESP Glo is mega overstable - almost firebird like.

was not prepared for a difference this big in plastics/runs. do you guys have similar experiences with FR Z & ESP Glo aswell?

bought a First Run Z and a Austin Turner ESP Glo, both in 174g.
the First Run Z is straight to flippy for forehands, and the ESP Glo is mega overstable - almost firebird like.

was not prepared for a difference this big in plastics/runs. do you guys have similar experiences with FR Z & ESP Glo aswell?

From my research the first run Z's are flippy. Of all the Vultures I've used the Ti was the most workable with a slight turn in flight. ESP's are a toss up, I have 2 from the same run and one is exactly like the Ti and the other is noticeably higher in PLH and is more OS, I have another later Z that is fairly OS and a Big Z that is fairly OS. It all depends on plastic and run, but in general Z=OS, ESP= OS or slight flip, Ti=Slight flip but still stable. that's from my personal experience. :)

So to those of you who throw Vultures, have any of you thrown McUndertakers and/or Raptors, and how do they compare? I've got a McUndertaker, but I find it flips too much for me, especialy on FHs, and I've heard that Ti is the most OS UT plastic, so I was curious if the Vulture would be a good pairing with it and a Raptor. I've got a McForce and McZone but really need something in between them as I used to lean heavily on a FB and a penned *ThB for my FH usage as speed 9ish rims feel the most comfortable to me FH.

So to those of you who throw Vultures, have any of you thrown McUndertakers and/or Raptors, and how do they compare? I've got a McUndertaker, but I find it flips too much for me, especialy on FHs, and I've heard that Ti is the most OS UT plastic, so I was curious if the Vulture would be a good pairing with it and a Raptor. I've got a McForce and McZone but really need something in between them as I used to lean heavily on a FB and a penned *ThB for my FH usage as speed 9ish rims feel the most comfortable to me FH.

I haven't tried a Raptor, and I've only thrown first run Z and first run Big Z Vultures, but the Vultures I've thrown don't have quite the turn resistance for forehands that a Thunderbird has- although they hold up better than the two Z Undertakers I have. The Vulture's rim is a little narrower than the Thunderbird(but wider than an Undertaker), which I'm finding seems to have quite a bit of influence on torque resistance.

I went through a big Discraft kick last summer just because I'd never thrown or even seen much of their stuff. I've about reached the conclusion that no other manufacturer quite matches that Thunderbird(or PD)/Firebird combo for forehands. You just might find yourself also coming full-circle...

A

I have really been loving the vulture, coming from a getaway, i had an idea what to expect though i know the vulture isn't as overstable. Still though it seems to have the perfect stability for me. the signature glo esp are easily my favorites i have a stack of 5. My original one is beating in beautifully. actually helped me get in the circle of a 400ft hole which i can never seem to hit with a fairway driver, but sure enough, made the putt for birdie for the first time, dead straight flight with a slight fade. Ordered a couple crystal vultures from the 19 ledgestone fundraiser. can't wait to test those out as they are the stiffer crystal i prefer

I bag 2 ESP and 1 Ti for more HS turn and I'm really loving them. Quickly becoming my favorite drivers. I also have a bigZ that I don't know where it will fit in

I saw some Cryztal Vultures at my local shop. How do they fly? They surely felt nice.

They fly a bit more overstable than a brand new sig esp. and yes the plastic feels amazing. Since my sig esp is starting to season I picked up about 4 of these cryztal ones, all clear, to keep as my os workhorse for headwinds and flex shots that will have a harder finish. The more I throw this mold the more I love it. It's the first speed 9 I have been able to to throw 400ft+ on a flick

They fly a bit more overstable than a brand new sig esp. and yes the plastic feels amazing. Since my sig esp is starting to season I picked up about 4 of these cryztal ones, all clear, to keep as my os workhorse for headwinds and flex shots that will have a harder finish. The more I throw this mold the more I love it. It's the first speed 9 I have been able to to throw 400ft+ on a flick

I haven't thrown ESP Vulture, only Z and Big Z. I've understood that ESP is on the straighter side of the spectrum, so that would make Cryztal similar to Big Z, am I right?

Latest posts