• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

WA Disc Golfers

Welcome,NB. I live in Port Orchard so my home course would be the NAD, but did you get a chance to play Fairgrounds when you were here? The Fairgrounds course has really broken in nicely in the last year or 2. It's similar to NAD but a bit more challenging. Also, there's Scott Papa's course, Dalaiwood, Van Zee, a nice 9 holer in Pt. Orchard,and heavily wooded Fredrickson in Poulsbo. Random dubs at NAD every sat. at 9am sharp and Fairgrounds sun 9am.(except on tournament days). If you can make it over for dubs sometime you can usually find me there.I'll show ya around! Send me a PM and give me a heads-up.

I live over on the east side, in Spokane, but I must say that the west side has some of the best in the state. My top three over there would have to be: Fort Steilacoom, SeaTac, and White River. I haven't played Daliwood or that would probably make the list. My favorite in the state would have to be Cape Fear @ Four Mound Disc Golf Reserve, which is just north of Spokane. It's punishing, beautiful, epic, and unique, all while being located next to two more great courses.

Howdy NB ~
I also live in Everett and I play a lot at Lake Stevens - Silver Lake - Terrace -Twin Rivers. I've got a very large WA Wish List ~ I still haven't played SeaTac, White River or Steilacoom. I've thrown the Ace Race 2 times at Dalaiwood. I hope to knock my Wish List down a few this summer.

Welcome,NB. I live in Port Orchard so my home course would be the NAD, but did you get a chance to play Fairgrounds when you were here? The Fairgrounds course has really broken in nicely in the last year or 2. It's similar to NAD but a bit more challenging. Also, there's Scott Papa's course, Dalaiwood, Van Zee, a nice 9 holer in Pt. Orchard,and heavily wooded Fredrickson in Poulsbo. Random dubs at NAD every sat. at 9am sharp and Fairgrounds sun 9am.(except on tournament days). If you can make it over for dubs sometime you can usually find me there.I'll show ya around! Send me a PM and give me a heads-up.

I only had a chance to swing by the NAD course on my way back from Port Townsend a couple of weeks ago. I am planning on another trip out that way when the weather starts to turn a little better. I have heard good things about the fair grounds course but did not have the time to explore any more last trip. My girlfriend has been playing for 2 years but she just moved here from Vermont not to long ago and I have only been playing for 2 months now and have not really had much time to get out to many courses yet. Next time I make it that way i will send you a PM for sure. It is always good to have a person familar with the course for the first round. NAD was a little rough the first round with some of the blind down hill drives. We did sneak in a 2nd round that went much smoother. Thanks for the offer to show me around on that side of the sound and I hope to be able to take you up on that offer sooner then later. Take care. I will be throwing my putter across my living room in the meantime...haha

@ Sean J
I have heard the Spokane area has some great courses too. I just can't wait to start playing more courses. Got hooked to DG really quick!

I live in Shoreline. Am still a n00b so I haven't played Terrace very much. Mostly play North Park on my way to/from work. Will be playing Blyth park a lot more as soon as it dries out a bit (So, like August:\) I still haven't played any courses in the South End; that's on my list. I like Lake stevens ecept for those silly baskets. Also Silver Lake.

Likewise, if anyone wants to throw send me a PM anytime. I'm around a lot of weekday afternoons (and I'm not very good yet, so bear with me).

Your rating system seems a little skewed as well my friend. ;)

However, you do know your NW courses, especially courses that rate 2 or lower. :)

Your rating system seems a little skewed as well my friend. ;)

However, you do know your NW courses, especially courses that rate 2 or lower. :)

Well I'm still a SUPER Moderator when you ... well you're just a Moderator... oops...:p

My Favorites

If you want variety and challenge get out to steilacoom, its one of my favorite courses in the NW. Also take a trip to Bremerton and play NAD and the Fairgounds, thats always a fun day trip. If you havent had a chance to play at Riverside in Sumner in awhile i would def recommend trying the new challenging layout

The top 5 courses in the state IMO for your own info:

1: Four Mound - Cape Fear (I haven't played the other two courses on site)
2: Shelton Springs (I still need to review it, I'm going to play it sometime in the next month to refresh my memory)
3: Seatac
4: Dalaiwood
5: Downriver

Fort Steilacoom Park and Lucky Mud are both overrated.
Sillybizz, I'm sure you heard Shelton Springs got their 18 baskets in the ground last weekend! A long process and alot of hard work has finally paid off. I gotta get down there and check it out soon myself.

Was out at White River yesterday. Played good overall just bombed 2 holes with tripple boggies(OUCH). Ended 8 over, good round besides the couple big mistakes. Hurts when a put goes OB...haha

Anyways will be back out there again today. I was a little rusty but seemed to be getting all the kinks out by the end of the round. Just need to beat my +2 best round but really at this point I am happy when i can keep in under +5 on that course.

It felt great to fling some discs again. I hope some of you are able to get a break in the weather and throw some too.