• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Walgreens bag + 1/2" pvc = Awesomeness

Thanks guys. I am very happy with my Camo Fade Tourney Bag, but this is a great idea, and something Im going to recommend to people that I see with terrible alternatives to DG bags

Yes. It is usually in one of the little pockets, but I have seen bags missing the straps as they would be easy to steal/misplace.

Here's a pic of a racK that I made with some scrap pvc. I use these all the time for storing spares and carrying discs out for field practice and you don't even need a bag.

Now that I like.

I was going to post something along the lines of: With such a robust frame, there is little need for the bag, except for the accessories.

But in reading through the thread, someone was ahead of me. I was trying to find a bag that would hold discs for practice/back ups and I think I'm going this route, instead.

I like the shorter ones because you don't need as many discs in them to keep the discs standing up straight. I have one for putters, one for fairway drivers, one for distance drivers, etc.

I used this idea on a shelf. I built a PVC frame with ends to keep the discs from rolling off the shelf.

I've been looking for a good, cheap, easily portable way to carry my extra discs so this sounded like a good option.

I stopped by Walgreen's this morning and picked up a bag. They had one black, and three red, but only one had a shoulder strap. I decided to pick up one of the red ones. The shelf and tag were listed as $5.99 for one or $10 for 2, but it rang up on clearance for $1.59. Absolutely great deal.

Here is the bag fresh from the store:

IMG_0065.jpg

Pipe and fittings came out to $8.05 from Ace Hardware. This was my first time making a frame out of PVC, so I decided to keep it simple and not have an adjustable divider. I forgot to get 2 more corner connectors, so the divider still needs a little work. The vertical sides of the divider will be cut shorter and I'll add a horizontal cross bar once I get the pieces. If I was going to be using this a lot I would also probably spray paint the whole thing black or one solid color.

IMG_0072.jpg

Frame in the bag and all loaded with discs. There are two putters in each side pocket and 9 discs on each side of the divider. They are mostly drivers with a few midranges mixed in.

IMG_0077.jpg

And one final picture next to my muddy Innova standard for a size comparison.

IMG_0075.jpg

Overall, I like this bag alot, especially when everything came out to under $10. The side pockets aren't the easiest to get putters in and out of but its no big deal. There isn't a huge amount of storage, but it is definitely acceptable. The stitching, zippers, and fabric are acceptable, but clearly not heavy duty. My biggest complaint is the crappy shoulder strap. The only one at Walgreens was already starting to fray and it does not look comfortable at all. If I was using this bag on the course I would strongly consider upgrading to either a more robust shoulder strap or a cheap quad option. I'd also be a little cautious using it in really wet conditions since the fabric is pretty thin.

Last edited:
forgetting Disc Golf for a minute, what is the primary function of this bag? What does Walgreens market them as?

A kid on one of my classes has that bag, every time i see it i think to myself "HEY! Hes got a Walgreens Disc golf Bag!"...Except he carries less important stuff in it..like books.

forgetting Disc Golf for a minute, what is the primary function of this bag? What does Walgreens market them as?

I'm not sure really. When looking for it I found a section that had larger duffle bags and small suitcases but didn't see this one, so they don't include it with luggage.

It was found in an aisle with random things such as umbrellas, fans, and other seemingly unrelated things.

I'm assuming they won't be around much longer since they are selling them on clearance for $1.59.

jsut made mine, on sale for $3.19 and spent $3 in PVC . . . not a bad deal

A kid on one of my classes has that bag, every time i see it i think to myself "HEY! Hes got a Walgreens Disc golf Bag!"...Except he carries less important stuff in it..like books.

Very funny :) I often see bags in everyday life and immediately think "that would make a nice disc golf bag!"

Got my bag (dark green) at Walgreens today. It rang up 5.99 but i told the clerk it's been spread on the internet as $1.59 clearance. So he changed the price without verifying! :D Gonna build the frame now.

attemped to go get one last night, even walked there in the snowy windy crap weather. The store is really new so I guess too new to have this bag. :( But on the bright side I did pick up two stainless steel water bottles for $4 a piece. Girlfriend has a bigger crap gym bag that I might try and convert for storage of the truck discs but it would make a decent bag if I carrid that type maybe for tournaments.