• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

WANTED: BETA Testers for REVIEWdg

You might want to make sure that using screenshots directly from Innova's site is legal. =/

It isn't a screenshot really - it is a thumbnail and if you click on it - it goes right to the Innova site - directly to the page of the disc.

It is a link that takes the user directly to accredited source - I am sure they really hate that. A link that encourages people to check out their products.

Discmania liked the concept so much, they are promoting it on their facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/discmania

Nothing made us happier that to see this today...

https://www.facebook.com/discmania/posts/218992941554948

Want to thank the folks that pointed out some issues to us - we are getting them quickly resolved.

The silliest one was have the maximum number of digits set to 1 and the minimum set to 6 so folks could only enter one number of their PDGA number - that's fixed but I am sure glad somebody found it before we had every disc loaded...

So fare there are 253 discs loaded - Every disc that has a page to link to at Innova (except CFRs), Ching, Vibram, Discmania, Westside, and ABC. We will continue to load manufacturers as we can...

It is a link that takes the user directly to accredited source - I am sure they really hate that. A link that encourages people to check out their products.
True as that may be (and I didn't know they were links), you still may want to check on the legality of it. I'm not trying to antagonize you here, I'm just saying that it's something you will want to make sure of.

Sarcasm wasn't really needed here.

True as that may be (and I didn't know they were links), you still may want to check on the legality of it. I'm not trying to antagonize you here, I'm just saying that it's something you will want to make sure of.

Speedly,

Innova is aware of it and checking our progress - they even retweeted the announcement, Discmania is actively promoting it and Vibram Disc Golf signed up to be an advertiser and we can't wait to announce the Promotional Campaign that Dodge came up with.

We are on good ground with this... I understand the concern but we are letting them know what we are up to and getting some great feedback and suggestions from them.

Pick a disc to review and try it out.

Innova is incredibly open and generous with the use of their logo and images, and if you browse their website it's clear that things are pretty much fair game until they tell you they have a problem with it. In fact, the only clear restriction I can see from reading their guidelines is for dealers who are not in good standing or non-dealers (selling product) who want to use their images for profit. From an IP law perspective, they really should spell things out a bit more clearly, but as it stands, they're allowing pretty much anyone to use their property until they say please stop (this would include links, although linking to pages is not an expressly protected part of IP law).

http://www.innovadiscs.com/downloads/logos.html

Innova is incredibly open and generous with the use of their logo and images, and if you browse their website it's clear that things are pretty much fair game until they tell you they have a problem with it. In fact, the only clear restriction I can see from reading their guidelines is for dealers who are not in good standing or non-dealers (selling product) who want to use their images for profit. From an IP law perspective, they really should spell things out a bit more clearly, but as it stands, they're allowing pretty much anyone to use their property until they say please stop (this would include links, although linking to pages is not an expressly protected part of IP law).

http://www.innovadiscs.com/downloads/logos.html

Fair 'nuff.

Wish I had any experience with that disc. I'd write something up real quick. I liked how I could just link to my FB so I didn't have to make a login for it.

Details for a Vibram Swag Package giveaway at this link http://talkdiscgolf.com/?p=1652

Entries being collected by Rafflecopter App at that new link... Enter to win Vibram Dryfit Polo, 2 Obex Prototypes, a Vibram Mini and a Five-Finger key chain...

Not sure if this is something that is already up on the site and I just didn't see it but I think there should be a guidlines for reviewing tutorial before being able to review a disc and as a reference point for readers.

In these guidlines should be explanations of the categories and types of throws you have laid out for ratings. This would help standardize the language in the reviews so that everyone knows what they are looking at. For example someone may not know what all the different types of throws you have listed are or someone might use technical language in their comments section to explain how a disc flies for them that others may not be familiar with.

I know for myself when I first started playing I had not idea what hyzer and anhyzer were or even the differences between overstable, stable and understable.

Not sure if this is something that is already up on the site and I just didn't see it but I think there should be a guidlines for reviewing tutorial before being able to review a disc and as a reference point for readers.

In these guidlines should be explanations of the categories and types of throws you have laid out for ratings. This would help standardize the language in the reviews so that everyone knows what they are looking at. For example someone may not know what all the different types of throws you have listed are or someone might use technical language in their comments section to explain how a disc flies for them that others may not be familiar with.

I know for myself when I first started playing I had not idea what hyzer and anhyzer were or even the differences between overstable, stable and understable.

Excellent!!! - Something we completely overlooked. Weekend projecct... Check!

Latest posts