• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weekly CTP ideas

Parks

Double Eagle Member
We're starting a weekly here that is going to have an optional $1 CTP throw.

Who's had good success with a CTP (as in dollars earned, people having fun, and getting unused plastic into the hands of people that will throw it) at a weekly event, and what did you do?

Our idea is to put up a disc choice for the CTP based on the number of dollars in the pot to create an incentive to pay into it.

Something like:

$5 or less baseline plastic choice
$8 or more mid-grade choice
$12 or more premium choice
$16 or more something else, like fly-dye disc choice or something else that's a little unique

Has anyone tried this style of CTP? Should you allow people to buy unlimited throws (including raffle-style 6 throws for $5)? Would something else work better?

The only limitation is that its a weekly with no upfront funding so we don't have a bunch of random shwag to use as CTP prizes. Its pretty much going to be new discs donated from the club or players. If its really successful this season/year then we can consider ordering a custom stamped batch of discs for the next run of weeklies.

I like it. I like it so much, I may steal your idea! We don't have too many ace holes at our course, so a ctp would probably work better for us.

Having limited stock could be a drag to start, but once people get involved I thin it would be fine. I like the idea of the more people put in, the better the prize, similar to an ace pot that grows.

What we have started doing during our weekly handicap play is having an optional $1.00 CTP. We require you must be playing handicap (we run scratch at the same time). The winner gets scrip for the number of people that entered. As a bonus if you are a club member you get an additional dollar. Every week we have nearly everyone participating in the CTP
Now we are lucky enough to run a club store out of the back of a Jeep so I am not sure if your club would have a similar ability to offer scrip.

Take Care
Kris

We make the ctp a dollar.It is built in so everyone is in it.When we don't have plastic it is for the money ctp.10 people=$10 20people=$20... and so on.Then you can buy what you want.Always a hole everyone can reach.

Latest posts