• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside boatman

I'm surprised you like the DD2 so much. I always felt like that thing was like a worse Katana. Less glide, turn, and distance.

I found another DD2 but it flies nothing like the factory second that I love. There is some possibility that it's not actually a DD2, but there are pen marks that say DD2. I've moved on from that particular disc to more readily-obtainable replacements, but that one disc was brilliant for me.

Boatman gave some fairly similar flight profile, but for some reason (ok, disc minimization) I walked away from it in favor of various other discs picking up Boatman duties.

But...today I picked up one of these!!

:D

ax2UUXZ.jpg

Photo doesn't do the shimmer justice, they are pretty sick!

I'm ready to go Team Boatman again for neutral/stable FH/BH. This is going to take away some BH Teebird usage, but there should be enough distinction to justify adding a disc back to the quiver.

I found another DD2 but it flies nothing like the factory second that I love. There is some possibility that it's not actually a DD2, but there are pen marks that say DD2. I've moved on from that particular disc to more readily-obtainable replacements, but that one disc was brilliant for me.

Boatman gave some fairly similar flight profile, but for some reason (ok, disc minimization) I walked away from it in favor of various other discs picking up Boatman duties.

But...today I picked up one of these!!

:D

ax2UUXZ.jpg

Photo doesn't do the shimmer justice, they are pretty sick!

So, confirm if I have correctly identified the creatures in the photo.

It Giant
Freddy Krueger Seer
Creature from the Black Lagoon Ahti
Alien Bard
Jigsaw Queen
Frankenstein's monster Sorcerer
Mars Attacks Martian Mutant Boatman

I got one similar to the one on the right, arrived today - amazing in the looks department.

Look forward to throwing it tomorrow - always loved the Boatman flight, lost my last one a couple years ago.

I'm mildly shocked this disc isn't a staple disc like a Destroyer. Have people just not tried it? Poor marketing?

I'm mildly shocked this disc isn't a staple disc like a Destroyer. Have people just not tried it? Poor marketing?

I used to throw them. My main one now lives in the pond at Whippin' Post. :|

Larger diameter, not a sexy speed, wonky flight numbers, need I go on?

To be clear though I do like Boatmans. Great faster teebird / very similar to the Avenger / Vulture / Anax

Latest posts