• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside box is out

Looks like I probably would have been relatively happy with that box. Tursas and Hatchet are the two molds I have been wanting to buy backups for. Boatman is a disc I've wanted to try for a while. 3/5 ain't bad for a mystery box.

That being said, I still will never buy a mystery box. I am way too particular with molds and weights, and I don't like going through the hassle of selling the ones I don't want.

Boatman is dope, larger diameter hybrid driver. Big glide, straight, fade.

Reminds me of an Avenger/Anax. Speed is listed as an 11, not so sure about that, 10 probs. :clap:

The rest of the molds in there are pretty cool. I would just like to see Swedish plastic back on the shelves and not in boutique offerings like this.

Boatman is dope, larger diameter hybrid driver. Big glide, straight, fade.

Reminds me of an Avenger/Anax. Speed is listed as an 11, not so sure about that, 10 probs. :clap:

I hope mine comes out this way. The only one I've had was really overstable.

Damn a Glimmer Tursas sounds really tasty. Oh well

Got mine today. No idea what any of the molds were. Threw them in field a bunch. Molds are the ones described above.

Y'all know them way better than I do so here some unbiased first impression info.

Plastics are dope (except hybrid burst is w/e). Very happy.

First throw was a shimmer/sparkle translucent Hatchet. Killer looking disc. Feel and flight reminds me of something like Pipeline/Escape/Valkyrie. Goes far but not max. Slight flip but overall stable. Good fairway driver. My guess at #s would be 9/4/-1.5/2. On a FH it drew out a nice flex line but careful with the angle! Feels fantastic in hand. Might bag it--probably will for style points.

Next disc is some dude holding a lantern on a boat. Another sick looking disc. Feels aggressive. Throws far, doesn't flip, but not grossly OS. Beat-in Destroyer is best rough comp. I'd guess it's a 12/5/-1/2. Excels at FH. Neat disc, not sure it makes bag.

Next is some 'prototype Adder'. Beefy disc, I might use for FH. I don't have the speed to really test it. I'd guess 14/5/0/3.

Then a Shield. Hm.

And last is some grey swirly disc with a shimmery Octopus on it, feels like a Meteor or Kaxe but maybe closer to a Fairway than that. Anyways, that Octopus disc f*cks. Def going in the bag. I threw it 375', which is about 50' more than I throw a mid usually. It just goes. Too flippy on a FH, takes touch. Doesn't flip on BH, just goes. I'd guess 6/5/-2/1.

Overall, sweet looking set of discs. The Hatchet and Tarsus are the major scores both in looks and flight. The other three are ok, but not worth the $100. It was fun though, no regrets.

Oh, the coolest part was this one anhyzer shot with the Octodisc. Mainly I nailed the angle, but wow did the disc just cruise down the half-pipe to a flat landing. Best anny shot I've ever thrown.

Oh, the coolest part was this one anhyzer shot with the Octodisc. Mainly I nailed the angle, but wow did the disc just cruise down the half-pipe to a flat landing. Best anny shot I've ever thrown.

Yup that's the Tursas. One of the best woods discs in production. Been a staple in my bag for years. Great as a beginner driver too

Hadn't thrown a Boatman before and I'm really liking it. The Tursas and Hatchet I knew and love of course. Anyways the Boatman was very straight to a mild fade. Honestly this is a longer Teebird. I would put numbers at 10/5/0/2.

The Adder was straight beefy and the wind wasn't blowing enough, I think I need a 25 mph headwind to throw that one which is useful.

The Shield actually feels goldilocks to me. Medium is too soft, Hard is too stiff, Hybrid is just right. I'm going to try it out as a throwing putter since Shields dominate the world for that.

It's now the 29th. Zero tracking activity since:

July 20, 2021, 3:13 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
EMPORIA, KS 66801
Your shipment was received at 3:13 pm on July 20, 2021 in EMPORIA, KS 66801. The acceptance of your package is pending.

Not sure what to do. Someone in chat claims to be looking into it, but yet nothing happens.

That sucks. Me and a friend got ours yesterday, which is pretty late compared to some others.

But tracking updated more than yours

anyone knows what are the specific plastics for each discs?

Really loving the colors and design!

picture.php

Not sure the plastics--but there are some pics above if that helps.

The disc I'm now routinely throwing out of this bunch is the Boatman. Very reliable disc.

anyone knows what are the specific plastics for each discs?

Really loving the colors and design!

picture.php

for those who are interested in the plastics, i've contacted westside and they gave me the following information

Prototype VIP Adder
VIP Moonshine Boatman
BT Hybrid Shield
Tournament Burst Tursas
VIP Glimmer DecoDye Hatchet

Need to get my hands on one of those Adders.

So the Queen Box is available. Someone leaked the contents on Reddit. I'm on the fence, because 3/5 I want.

Latest posts