• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Longbowman

I haven't seen flashing that's noticeable on any trilogy disc besides my le mystery box bar stamp judge. As far as the Longbowman goes it's felon like for me but has some nice glide.

We had some stamped with our "TEAM OLY" logo for Fundraising.

The couple I picked are noticeably more domey, and have a lower PLH than my first one I bought from M St.
I discovered this after thinking that my new ones didn't seem as beefy.

This may explain the difference in opinions on how OS these are.

I would be interested to hear if other people are seeing much variations in this mold.

I was going to mention that mattc...

The two first runs I have (168 VIP and 168 TP) are both FAF. Super beef. When I have described them as felon/firebird like, I have been questioned. My VIP is like a FAF FB. The TP has begun to season out and go straighter before it dumps, but that VIP... I only use it for skip flares and major doglegs as a utility disc.

I stopped into my PIAS recently to check out some store stock, and all the TP and VIP 'Bowmans they have are much domier than the ones I ordered on initial release. Like, significantly more domey it's immediately visible when you pick one up.

Makes a lot of sense to me that just like a FB - that dome is going to affect it drastically. If you want that really OS flight, keep your eyes open for the flat VIPs.

So I filmed my video today and despite some wet grass/slippage issues, it was a pretty fun shoot. The VIP I have is from the first run and it is nice and flat. But it is not anywhere near Felon/FAF Firebird/Raptor stability. How do I know? Because I threw them all, duh!

What I found, however, is that both VIP and TP Longbowman are shockingly similar to the newest run of Sexton Firebirds. Though they are drastically different in feel, shape, grip, etc. I'll post the video here when I'm done with it but you'll see what I mean.

The longbowman is not closely related to the felon or fireb. It may be a cousin but certainly not in the same family.

Longbowman=eagle x.

The longbowman is not closely related to the felon or fireb. It may be a cousin but certainly not in the same family.

Longbowman=eagle x.

Cousins aren't family?

Seriously though, after so many people saying this was wicked overstable I found that to not be the case at all.

Kind of seems like a glidy Nicely stable control disc, but not the very Overstable ripper many were hoping for.

Kind of seems like a glidy Nicely stable control disc, but not the very Overstable ripper many were hoping for.

I got to throw one a few months back, and have to agree, the Bowman is definitely less OS than advertised. Pretty similar to the Avery Jenkins Marbled Star Teebirds that the Factory Store ran last year, maybe a bit longer.

We had some stamped with our "TEAM OLY" logo for Fundraising.

The couple I picked are noticeably more domey, and have a lower PLH than my first one I bought from M St.
I discovered this after thinking that my new ones didn't seem as beefy.

This may explain the difference in opinions on how OS these are.

I would be interested to hear if other people are seeing much variations in this mold.
Took a pic, but it's hard to see the difference in them.
The one on the left is the first one I got from M. St.
It has a higher PLH and is much flatter compared to the newer one on the right.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160512_190207.jpg
    20160512_190207.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 356
  • 20160512_190207-1-1.jpg
    20160512_190207-1-1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 352
Been messing around the longbowman. Very interesting disc. Will go straight for a bit then it just dumps left. Loses its glide really fast. I can see it possibly replacing my broken in felon. We will see.

Longbowman=eagle x.

And... right on cue. :doh:

Last time I checked, cousins were in the same family ;)

As I have said (now multiple times) it really depends on how flat it is. My VIP is a Felon. Myself, and several others have thrown them back to back and it flies EXACTLY the same as a mildly worked in Felon. Please stop telling me how my discs fly, thankyouverymuch. It seems that the very first run of LB's was significantly flatter and more OS than the ones molded up since. I got my VIP pre-ordered and picked from the factory 3 days before release... clearly a "first run" and we all know that FR Trilogy discs can end up being more or less stable the the follow up runs for some reason.

The TP one I have, while still very flat, is much more Eagle Xish... straighter, glidier flight with a strong but not dumpy finish.

Every 'Bowman I've seen since has way more dome than mine. Next time I play with someone who has a newer one I'll try to remember to get a side profile pic of them together.

Still not 100% sure about this disc. Got out and threw the TP for the first time today (board flat 170g). It reminds me a lot of a faster version of my fuzion verdict. What's crazy is the distances aren't way off...generally, I throw my fairways (Teebirds in the past, Saint Pros now) on shots around 350'. This, though definitely not felon OS, wanted to go about 15' shorter. The lack of glide was noticeable. But again, very very straight flight with a nice fade at about the 80% point of the flight. The feel alone of the disc in the hand is bag worthy. Feels just like a smaller rimmed felon (favorite disc). If this breaks in to cover a slightly US role, I will definitely bag at least 3 of these to cycle. But, until I can beat this in for a while, there will just be the one in the bag (which is odd for me...I cycle/carry multiples of all my molds).

Maybe I missed out on the first run but I ordered fairly quick on these. The first run batch must have been real small.

But anyhow the batch I had gotten is definetly not anything like my felons. The felon for me is really os almost to the point of approaching utility.

The longbowman is nice in the fact that I don't have to wrench it over like a felon. I'm not sure I would want the first run batch stuff. This is controllable and goes straight with fade finish.

Still early, but does anyone have any information, expectation, or guess as to when recycled bowman will be put out? I'm trying to decide to go on a buying binge of recycled sparks, or to wait on recycled bowman for that break in to US role.

Speaking of the above, anybody want to compare the TP bowman to a recycled spark? Distance, turn, fade, etc.

have to recycled sparks coming in tomorrow, well let you know

Latest posts