• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Queen

SD86

Banned
Just got some emails from both Trilogy and Infinite Discs about the Westside Queen. Numbers are 14, 5, -2, 2. Looks interesting; anyone got any scoop on this disc?

Trilogy NEEDS to stop making the same disc over and over and over again. Super Fast High speed understable discs that are just flat useless plastic plates....Destiny, Freedom, Bolt, Ballista, Raketen, Misselin, Queen, King ......I actually kinda liked the King, it was the best of these I tried, but numbers of course are way off. more like 13/5/-1.5/3 , if you find a nice stable one

Just got some emails from both Trilogy and Infinite Discs about the Westside Queen. Numbers are 14, 5, -2, 2. Looks interesting; anyone got any scoop on this disc?

Got word from a friend who tested it today and described it as "a faster Hatchet."

Since the Hatchet is my favorite disc, I'm REALLY looking forward to getting a Queen.

I am excited to try this one. The kings rim is a little too wide for me and the queen's is supposed to be more narrow.

I really dig my hatchets so a longer one would be pretty sweet.

Trilogy NEEDS to stop making the same disc over and over and over again. Super Fast High speed understable discs that are just flat useless plastic plates....Destiny, Freedom, Bolt, Ballista, Raketen, Misselin, Queen, King ......I actually kinda liked the King, it was the best of these I tried, but numbers of course are way off. more like 13/5/-1.5/3 , if you find a nice stable one

You say this, but people scoop all these up.

Rec level try hards go bonkers for these types of molds.

You think that all these discs are basically the same disc? Seriously?

Do you think that all the OS Trilogy discs are also basically the same disc?

Apparently, you don't throw much US stuff; to each his own. That's no reason to get snarky and refer to discs that a lot of people (including myself) use and enjoy as "flat useless plastic plates." A little more tolerance, please.

You think that all these discs are basically the same disc? Seriously?

Do you think that all the OS Trilogy discs are also basically the same disc?

Apparently, you don't throw much US stuff; to each his own. That's no reason to get snarky and refer to discs that a lot of people (including myself) use and enjoy as "flat useless plastic plates." A little more tolerance, please.

I agree. Calling every disc that I don't (or can't) throw a useless plastic plate is like saying that 98% of all discs suck except for what's in my bag.:doh:

And the Misselin is OS, and the Ballista is slightly OS to straight stable.

how many speed 14 or 15 discs does trilogy feel the need to flood the market with?

there's got to be close to a dozen, right?

more power to them, but i don't see the point

how many speed 14 or 15 discs does trilogy feel the need to flood the market with?

there's got to be close to a dozen, right?

more power to them, but i don't see the point

There are less than a dozen.

And the problem with "flooding" the market with fast drivers is?

More options is a good thing not a bad one.

There are less than a dozen.

And the problem with "flooding" the market with fast drivers is?

More options is a good thing not a bad one.

ok, there's at least 10 (is there something i'm forgetting?)

1. king
2. world
3. destiny
4. catapult
5. queen
6. missilen
7. raketen
8. knight
9. ballista
10. freedom

i wouldn't necessarily say it is a problem. but, considering that a majority of disc golfers don't have a speed 14 arm, i'd say all of those seem unnecessary, especially considering the fact that they collectively have fewer than 5 speed 10 discs.

like i said, more power to them, but i don't see the point

i won't even go into the safety aspect of too many high speed drivers on the course in hands of those who can't control them

i'll leave that rant for mr. dunipace

I think the biggest problem with the "flooding" of the market with high speed understable discs is the confusion it creates. If you ask the random Trilogy guy which is the most US Trilogy driver out of King, Bolt, Knight, Queen or Destiny, the answer could be any one of those. So the offering is very much overlapping and it is really hard to give / get any recommendations on which mold to try out.

When it comes to speed 14+ drivers, I would personally prefer fewer molds per brand with distinct differences in stability.

They need to make some good fairway drivers of actual fairway speed. They have good putters, great mid selection, some good high speed drivers that are cycleable, some decent control drivers...and the money making high speed discs for average players...all are taken care of. But the weakness is fairways!! Get on it guys.

They need to make some good fairway drivers of actual fairway speed. They have good putters, great mid selection, some good high speed drivers that are cycleable, some decent control drivers...and the money making high speed discs for average players...all are taken care of. But the weakness is fairways!! Get on it guys.

A longer teebird (or even a regular teebird) would be awesome. (I kid) :D:popcorn:

The problem is not that triology is flooding the market. It is actually us discgolfer that doesn't see any difference between Dynamic Discs, Latitude 64 and Westside. They are all different companies which want a bite out of the cake even though Latitude press all discs for every company they are still difference in them all. Noone brings up the likeness in discs from Innova and Discmania that do exist. Why not? Innova press all Discmania discs.

The problem is not that triology is flooding the market. It is actually us discgolfer that doesn't see any difference between Dynamic Discs, Latitude 64 and Westside. They are all different companies which want a bite out of the cake even though Latitude press all discs for every company they are still difference in them all. Noone brings up the likeness in discs from Innova and Discmania that do exist. Why not? Innova press all Discmania discs.

Because sponsored players from each company tend to throw molds from all companies even.