• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside tursas

dayum. Seems like the Tursas and Orange Underworlds got the most love in TP.

Y'all are making me wanna go get more even though I don't need to yet!

I got another round in with more Tursas use. I threw it on particularly troublesome hole #7 at Grand Woods in Lansing, MI. A 280ish, medium wooded tunnel shot, slightly up hill with steep elevations drops to the left and right of the fairway, which is maybe 15' wide. Plus a huge oak overhang about 150' out that means you have to keep it low or get real real lucky.

My usual disc is Buzzz (always fades down the left side of the hill) or Stingray (always catches something along the right) and the Tursas hyzer flipped up and flew on a rope right down the center and landed flat at about 260'. I thought it'd be good for the hole, but damn! (I missed the putt, slid on the snow down the left side and walked off with a 4.. but still!)

Next hole I used it on was a pretty simple 300 footer that bends to the right the whole way. I usually park it with my flippy GL River, but I tried the Tursas with some hyzer on a stronger pull, and it did not turn as much as I expected. I think this guy's got a slot in my bag. Buzzz - Tursas - Stingray.

I predict the wear pattern for the TP Tursas will be: lightly understable, -2, 1 is what I would call mine for a good while depending on use and abuse. Then I expect a sudden shift toward flippiness as the microbead starts to wear down at about the same time the TP plastic starts to beat in, locking into that true "-3, 1" flight for a long long time. :thmbup:

Just ordered a ridiculous purple pearly/shifty color in tp..can't wait def gunna be better looking than my redshift fuse

Played a glow round last night with my VIP Tursas, and man this thing is sweet. Easy to control for annies, and silly straight with lots of glide. Definitely not as understable as billed, but it's going in the bag for sure.

You could save yourself some money though and just buy a flying squirell from ABC. They are awesome discs that will really do anything you tell them to.

Hahaha a little, especially since it is so erratic. You never know what it'll do.

Tweener mids have never worked out well for me. I like Buzzzes and speed 4/5 mids because I know what I can get out of them. Warships and Fuses are tougher for me to range. Too many times I've put a little too much snap on them and watched them go about 50' past the basket.

Hahaha a little, especially since it is so erratic. You never know what it'll do.

I LOVED the Fuse at first, but ended up going back to my beat up Star Stingray for that exact reason. I haven't completely given up on them (meaning, I haven't sold mine off yet). The last straw for them was a 150' upshot that I lightly hyzered and thought would go dead straight. Nope, it turned over and it's amazing glide took it outside of the boundaries of the park, costing me 3 strokes at a tournament.

Seeing as my 172 TP is a gradual turner, can anyone confirm my theory that a 177-180 VIP would be a 300'+ laser beam machine?

Me and Lopan threw my 163 Tursas today. We both expected it to be super understable and flippy, but it really wasn't. We even got some fade out of it. We didn't throw well, but even into a slight headwind it only turned a little then fell forward. It seems pretty similar to my Opto Fuses. Do I have a fluke, do we suck, or possibly both?? I'll throw it some more this week and see what happens. So far, not the fliptastic glide machine I envisioned.

Me and Lopan threw my 163 Tursas today. We both expected it to be super understable and flippy, but it really wasn't. We even got some fade out of it. We didn't throw well, but even into a slight headwind it only turned a little then fell forward. It seems pretty similar to my Opto Fuses. Do I have a fluke, do we suck, or possibly both?? I'll throw it some more this week and see what happens. So far, not the fliptastic glide machine I envisioned.

This is basically my exact experience with it, except my Tursas is a 171g.

It flies EXACTLY like my fuse, however, someone recently said it had a bit of a microbead on the bottom, and I've been throwing the living ****e out of mine to try and wear that microbead down to get it flying as understable as the flight numbers would suggest.

My tursas blows me away every time i look at it. I can barely put it down. 177g. Love the way this disc flies swell, easy thrower with tons of glide.

Attachments

• tursas.jpg
    tursas.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 169
I LOVED the Fuse at first, but ended up going back to my beat up Star Stingray for that exact reason. I haven't completely given up on them (meaning, I haven't sold mine off yet). The last straw for them was a 150' upshot that I lightly hyzered and thought would go dead straight. Nope, it turned over and it's amazing glide took it outside of the boundaries of the park, costing me 3 strokes at a tournament.

Seeing as my 172 TP is a gradual turner, can anyone confirm my theory that a 177-180 VIP would be a 300'+ laser beam machine?

This is obviously off thread topic (sorry about that)... Every Fuse I've thrown turns over or moves right. I have heavy ones and light ones.

For me, the 300 foot laser is the Core or the Warship. The Warship is a little more reliable. Cores seem to get flippy pretty fast. So far, my Warships have held up.

Now... back to the Tursa.

I got a few rounds in today and used the Tursas on 90% of my drives and I have to say it is staying in the bag. It is not near as understable as any of my Fuses. It holds lines very well. I think it fits right in between the Core and Fuse. If you turn it a little it will hold the line all the way. Throw it with just a tad of hyzer and it goes dead straight and glides forever. It is a point and shot disc for me,meaning it holds whatever line I put it on. It may actually have more glide than any other Latitude/Westside mids if that is even possible. I was getting some crazy distance with it today with not a lot of effort. The one I am throwing is 173 Tournament plastic.
It's my new favorite disc. I sure say that a lot about Lat/WS.

I got a few rounds in today and used the Tursas on 90% of my drives and I have to say it is staying in the bag. It is not near as understable as any of my Fuses. It holds lines very well. I think it fits right in between the Core and Fuse. If you turn it a little it will hold the line all the way. Throw it with just a tad of hyzer and it goes dead straight and glides forever. It is a point and shot disc for me,meaning it holds whatever line I put it on. It may actually have more glide than any other Latitude/Westside mids if that is even possible. I was getting some crazy distance with it today with not a lot of effort. The one I am throwing is 173 Tournament plastic.
It's my new favorite disc. I sure say that a lot about Lat/WS.

What does that say?
Fuse: 5 / 6 / -2 / 1
Tursas: 5 / 5 / -3 / 1
Core: 5 / 5 / -1 / 1

This should NOT fit between a Core and a Fuse. We threw a 163g TP. 163. Give me a brand new 163 GL Fuse, and I'll flip the crap out of it. Even on a day when my arm feels like crap.
Anyone else notice the massive amount of flashing on they're latest runs? Wonder if that has to do with anything.

I say no, Glass. It was definitely more US than my TP Warship. Seemed easier to control, too, as if that was even possible. Point and shoot, went where and how you threw it. IMO, more like spot on Fuse numbers. Mine is a 172 TP FWIW.