• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what are some good dg shoes from KEEN?

booter

* Ace Member *
just like it says, im ordering two pairs of keens for myself . im getting aome delaveagas and was looking for suggestions on the 2nd pair. no milos for me since i heard those were junk. any good recommendations,lmk. price isnt an issue.

lmk what ur usin
how much golf u do
and how long youve had them

thx peeps!

i have the keen targhee 2 mid-cut, i've played 6-8 rounds a week in them for the last 7-8 months since i got them. great shoes, waterproof, very warm. i prefer a mid-cut for the extra ankle support but most golfers i know prefer the low cut type.

i would try to find a local place where you can try them on and see what you think, but all of the keen shoes i've owned and tried on have been super comfy and durable.

keen siskiyou's are what I have. They kept my feet dry all year and are really comfortable. During the summer I get at least 1 round in a day. Ive had them since March and their still in good shape, no wear really on the bottom and still have really good grip

I've had targhee's and siskiyou's and both are quality DG shoes. Both leaked on me in the end with 4-5 months of use. Super comfy shoes though! Keens are a good buy.
Edit: by "leaked", I'm referring to morning dew on the grass with minor wetness.

Last edited:
I have Targhee II mids and wore them about daily since mid July for rounds and daily yard practice.

One finally split down the side yesterday.

I think I will try something lighter weight, like some non-waterproof shoes paired with sealskins.

Last edited:
I've had obsidians and milos. I think they discontinued the obsidian because it was so horrible. They lasted less than 6mos and I returned them for warranty and got the original Milos. They have held up well for me. I've worn them for around a year and a half with no waterproof issues. Next shoe for me will be some mid top salomons cuz I've been rolling my ankles in the woods lately and I'm hoping that will help.

I used to have the Milo I. I am using the delaveaga now. The waterproofing on the Milo I's were a lot better. Even morning dew gets into the delaveagas. Other than the waterproofing, or lack thereof, I like the delaveagas better.

i have the keen targhee 2 mid-cut, i've played 6-8 rounds a week in them for the last 7-8 months since i got them. great shoes, waterproof, very warm. i prefer a mid-cut for the extra ankle support but most golfers i know prefer the low cut type.

i would try to find a local place where you can try them on and see what you think, but all of the keen shoes i've owned and tried on have been super comfy and durable.

Ditto on this but I have the low cut

Merrell Moabs rock.

Never had Keens

I just ordered the ventilators. One feature I really liked on the Keens is the little hooks mounted at the top that anchor the laces. I'm really going to miss those.

And I hope I'm ready for less ankle support. I shattered my ankle years ago and i had a hard time walking hilly courses when I was heavier. Now that I've lost weight I hope to benefit from being lighter on my feet on the tee.

Bingo^

Milo IIs are more slippery in wet conditions than my fancy sunday shoes.

I've worn the Targhee II's now since April.

My last pair of shoes were Merrel Moabs.

The comparison of the two saw many different highs and lows.

The Keen's were by far the most water proof. Still, dry even in the wettest conditions. The moabs leaked after only a few months.

The moabs were much more comfortable. I mean much. They wore better, laced tighter and more securely on your foot. Much lighter than the Keens.

The sole on the Moabs totally smokes the Keen's. The Vibram wore evenly,and never really lost grip.....even after wearing almost flat. The Keen's have seemed slick since the get go. Doesn't matter if the tee pads are concrete, or wet....they are just slick.

YMMV

Keen Venice sport sandals are my favorite shoe to play in, and I wear them most of the year. Targhee II Mids in cold or wet weather.

How do I get a Keen sponsorship deal?

Latest posts