• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the best courses in TEXAS?

What is the best course in TEXAS?

• Austin Ridge

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Circle C

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Harry Meyers

• Lake Nacogdoches

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Lester Lorch Beaver

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Lester Lorch Coyote

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Lindsey Gold Dogwood

• Roy Guerrero

• Selah Creekside

• Selah Lakeside

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Shawshank

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Texas Army Trail

• Towne Lake

• Turner Park

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Veterans

• Total voters

pablo.diablo

Eagle Member
Vote in the poll for your #1, then list your TOP 5 FAVORITES.

My vote is Selah Lakeside for #1.

My personal Top 5:

#1 Selah Lakeside
#2 Austin Ridge
#3 Lindsey Gold
#4 Lake Nacogdoches
#5 Circle C

Now, I have not played any Dallas area or Shawshank yet, so this time next year the list maybe very different than now!

I was pretty impressed with Austin Ridge. Circle c was cool but not in my favorites. That's pretty much all the input I have on that..

#1- Ingleside Gold
#2- Roy G
#3- Met
#4-Harry Myers
#5- Wilco

I am assuming Selah would be my fav by looking at the pictures.....I was also a big fan of CR2 in Wimberly

Yeah I'm pretty limited by choosing Circle C, it's not necessarily the most fun course I play in Austin, but it has that "it" factor from being so well-established. Iit's much more unique than Roy G.

Honestly one the courses that I constantly have the most fun at is Mary Moore Searight, but I would never think it's one of the "best" courses.

I forgot about the Circle R, but it's no longer in existence I believe...

Hey Scooter thats funny you put Met and Wilco on there. They are really solid courses. If Wilco had any water or elevation...definitely.

I assumed most ppl that have played in Austin would vote Roy G, Circle C, and Austin Ridge to be the top 3 which is why I put them in the poll...followed closely by East Metro (Manor), Wilco, then MET.

MOST people in the area haven't come around to Austin Ridge just yet. But they've only had the teepads for a couple months and the fairways are still being established. I can pretty much guarantee in 3-5 years it will be in the running for best course in the area. It's already my favorite, but then again I enjoy super-challenging, technical courses with big elevation and water hazards.

I've only played Shawshank and Lake Nacogdoches from that list, so I'll abstain from voting. I liked them both very very much.

This is a great debate. A great state with many GREAT courses. But lakeside may be the best in the nation.

I've only played 7 of the 15 and i put them in this order
1. Selah - Lakeside
2. Creekside
3. Shawshank - a bit gimmicky yes, but an awesome piece of property and some great holes none the less.
4. Circle C
5. ABR - haven't played in two years
6. Harry Myers
7. Texas Army Trail - IMO it doesn't belong. This course is frustratingly unfair. In time it will be great but now its fun for 1000+ rated players only

I would've put the live oak gold course or Jack Brooks Cedar Hills on here instead

Last edited:
1. Selah Lakeside
2. Selah Creekside
3. Circle C
4. Harry Myers
5. East Metro (Manor, TX)

Have yet to play Tyler, Nacogdoches, or Shawshank so I'm sure that list would change.

Many courses left off this list that I play a lot. I will list my Top 5 in no order.

1. Z-Boaz - Home Course, The one I started on. Need to Play this more since I'm 200 seconds away.
2. Weatherford - Love this course, very Cart friendly. Club is always making upgrades.
3. Beaver, Coyote, Crossroads - A Great threesome (Sorry couldn't resist). Every Disc in your bag and your trunk.
4. Turner Park - The City has grasped this park. A Lot of elevation and lenght. Always hit Lone Star Park right after playing here.
5. Lake Lewisville, LL Woods - Love playing these courses when Dynamic Discs come to town.

I lefted off many courses that I play locally. North Park, The Vet and Crowley. These courses are really good and fun to play. I recomend these to everyone.

Shawshank is also a must Play. I played the US Masters there and there are a couple of holes which are different but everyone had to play them. Steve has done a Great job with the property and with the Theme. I went back and Played a 2nd tournament since the USM. One of the different holes was taken out of play, thinking for speed of Play. Hope to play here as offen as I can.

This is a great debate. A great state with many GREAT courses. But lakeside may be the best in the nation.

7. Texas Army Trail - IMO it doesn't belong. This course is frustratingly unfair. In time it will be great but now its fun for 1000+ rated players only

I have no interest in playing there....and I am rated over 1000.

Heard enough about the place to know that i would just trash it....and i want to be nice SO bad.:D

Many courses left off this list that I play a lot. I will list my Top 5 in no order.

1. Z-Boaz - Home Course, The one I started on. Need to Play this more since I'm 200 seconds away.
2. Weatherford - Love this course, very Cart friendly. Club is always making upgrades.
3. Beaver, Coyote, Crossroads - A Great threesome (Sorry couldn't resist). Every Disc in your bag and your trunk.
4. Turner Park - The City has grasped this park. A Lot of elevation and lenght. Always hit Lone Star Park right after playing here.
5. Lake Lewisville, LL Woods - Love playing these courses when Dynamic Discs come to town.

I lefted off many courses that I play locally. North Park, The Vet and Crowley. These courses are really good and fun to play. I recomend these to everyone.

Shawshank is also a must Play. I played the US Masters there and there are a couple of holes which are different but everyone had to play them. Steve has done a Great job with the property and with the Theme. I went back and Played a 2nd tournament since the USM. One of the different holes was taken out of play, thinking for speed of Play. Hope to play here as offen as I can.

You need to get out of DFW!!!

You need to get out of DFW!!!

I travel some...Will Play The Glass Blown and Worlds this year.

There is a lot of quality here. I am a lower rated Player but love the Game

I hope to see you at the Winter Warmer when Dynamic Discs comes to town. The Lake and the extended course at LL will provide Red Numbers. There will be a lot of competition in Town for a Player of your Class.

I travel some...Will Play The Glass Blown and Worlds this year.

There is a lot of quality here. I am a lower rated Player but love the Game

I hope to see you at the Winter Warmer when Dynamic Discs comes to town. The Lake and the extended course at LL will provide Red Numbers. There will be a lot of competition in Town for a Player of your Class.

Lewisville and Cedar Hill are two places I used to like a lot....but each time I go back they are less and less appealing. The last event I played in the DFW was at Turner...and the payout was pretty bad for a B-tier.

I just feel like more and more I prefer Austin events to everything else in the state....and I am willing to make the 4hr drive.

Lewisville and Cedar Hill are two places I used to like a lot....but each time I go back they are less and less appealing. The last event I played in the DFW was at Turner...and the payout was pretty bad for a B-tier.

I just feel like more and more I just prefer Austin events to everything else in the state....and I am willing to make the 4hr drive.

Bradley will be at Birdsong this weekend. Starting this years WIN Count.

Bradley will be at Birdsong this weekend. Starting this years WIN Count.

Good luck to him! Won't see me playing those events....unless it is a B-tier which they are supposedly going to run more of...4 or so opposed to 1 a year.

I have only been to Texas one week of my life. However I did get 8 courses in. I was able to hit Selah.
1. Selah Creekside (just liked it a little better)
2. Selah Lakeside
3. Munson Park
4. Bill Allen
5. Towne Lake

Munson! great, underrated course!

haven't played Selah yet but i'm going next weekend. otherwise i've played everything on the list except Austin Ridge, Nacogdoches, and Roy G. i voted for Turner. i don't think it's the best in the state but it's my favorite of those listed. i like it better than Harry Myers and i think Cedar Hill is overrated. i think both those courses are 3.5 but having them next to each other inflates the rating.

i'd like to see Wilco and Manor East Metro on the list. haven't played those yet but i've heard really great things.

Latest posts