• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the best courses in TEXAS?

What is the best course in TEXAS?

• Austin Ridge

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Circle C

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Harry Meyers

• Lake Nacogdoches

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Lester Lorch Beaver

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Lester Lorch Coyote

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Lindsey Gold Dogwood

• Roy Guerrero

• Selah Creekside

• Selah Lakeside

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Shawshank

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Texas Army Trail

• Towne Lake

• Turner Park

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Veterans

• Total voters
R.I.P. Pease,
I've never heard anybody say a Houston course was a killer must-play. Somebody can correct that assertion?

Yeah they are all pretty lame! That is what happens when most of the courses were designed by a 870 rated woman.

I will be playing every tournament possible up there this year. I played War of the Roses and Piney Woods Open last year. Anybody that goes near Tyler must play Lindsey Park. Three GREAT courses.

Glad someone will be filling in for me! :hfive:

Wow they must have changed circle c up alot since i played it last, i wasnt impressed granted it was a very long time ago as with live oak not impressed at all but it has been 7-8 years. I really dont think Crowley should be on the list either. Towne lake could be on there, but i cant put it as i am biased since it is my weekly course.

Still need to make it upto Denison too, heard nothing but good things

Lets start a new thread bottom 5!

Circle C has been changed about 8 times (it seems) since I first played it in '96. Loved it back then. It was ahead of its time.

Yeah they are all pretty lame! That is what happens when most of the courses were designed by a 870 rated woman.

Well, if you haven't noticed yet(which you probably have) SCoot_er is our local self entitled, conceded, non representing pro.

We have some really great courses in Houston but yes, the championship level courses are lacking.

All I'll say is that 870 rated women has done more for disc golf in Houston then you ever will. :doh:

Well, if you haven't noticed yet(which you probably have) SCoot_er is our local self entitled, conceded, non representing pro.

We have some really great courses in Houston but yes, the championship level courses are lacking.

All I'll say is that 870 rated women has done more for disc golf in Houston then you ever will. :doh:

Actually I am not local! I haven't been for 8 years.

I am not here to trash anyone....but seriously do you expect good courses when the same person designs all of them?.....I'm sure for free.:\

Name a "great" Houston course!.....I can think of some "good ones" like Windwood, Spring Valley, and potentially Cedar Hills at Brooks..... Houston has quantity but not really quality.

Last edited:
7. Texas Army Trail - IMO it doesn't belong. This course is frustratingly unfair. In time it will be great but now its fun for 1000+ rated players only

Yah, youre right about one thing, it doesnt belong on the list

But the idea that pros like to play this kind of trash course is a joke, I dont know where this concept is coming from that we want to be thrown in the woods with a bunch of holes that have no fairways

1. Selah Lakeside
2. Selah Creekside
3. Shawshank
4. Lake Nacogdoches
5. Austin Ridge
6. Cedar Hill - Coyote
7. Circle "C"
8. East Metro Manor
9. Lindsey Gold "Dogwood"
10. Turner Park

^^^ I haven't played Roy G yet, but I am not a fan of flat courses.

Harry meyers has an amazing front 9, but I was unimpressed with the back 9.

Last edited:
Cameron Beast and Lion's Temple should probably get some honorable mention. I forgot about Z-Boaz, too. Man I gotta get to Dallas for some golfin'...

I second this, Cameron Beast is sweet! Amazing setting and a good mix of distance and technicality.

I was just in Texas for the holidays and I was able to play my old home course in Amarillo. It was just such an incredibly sad sight. The drought and disease has killed about %60 of the trees and bushes on the course. There are holes that I used to love to play because of their beauty that are just decimated. Is this a trend that is happening at a lot of courses in Texas because of the drought?

Unfortunately yes. My local course in College Station (Research Park) has dozens of trees marked for removal because they died in the drought. It has definitely changed to course a lot, and made it easier/less esthetically pleasing.

Harry meyers has an amazing front 9, but I was unimpressed with the back 9.

totally, and it sucks cuz the front 9 is so awesome

i forgot about the Beast too. what's the deal with that course now? is the front 9 open again?

yes, the beast is 18 with a redesigned, longer front 9 and the same back 9.

the Selah courses are the best I've played, Texas or otherwise.

Roy G is worth a mention. I love the continuity of that course and the feeling that you are truly playing golf with a disc.

Have any of you guys who are trashing Army Trail played it recently? I went out there recently and I thought there were legitimate fairways on almost all the holes. Matt when you come to Houston I'm gonna drag you out to Army Trail before we check out my disc collection haha.

Also, have you guys played Little Egypt (the new course in Conroe)? I only played it in that C tier when the course opened a while back but I thought it was pretty fun.

Have any of you guys who are trashing Army Trail played it recently? I went out there recently and I thought there were legitimate fairways on almost all the holes. Matt when you come to Houston I'm gonna drag you out to Army Trail before we check out my disc collection haha.

Also, have you guys played Little Egypt (the new course in Conroe)? I only played it in that C tier when the course opened a while back but I thought it was pretty fun.

Yep, long holes in the woods with narrow fairways, too many trees and no landing zones, heavy punishment in the rough and no chance for recovery. Little egypt is the same thing its just shorter, its a waste of time to play when you are that close to mcdade.

Yep, long holes in the woods with narrow fairways, too many trees and no landing zones, heavy punishment in the rough and no chance for recovery. Little egypt is the same thing its just shorter, its a waste of time to play when you are that close to mcdade.

Army Trail sounds like the evil twin to Tom Bass with its 200 to 400 foot wide fairways. A mix is needed in your area for sure.

I've only played four on the list and 3 of them shouldn't even be on a list titled best of anything. Crossroads is way better than Lester Lorch and Towne Lake, and even Harry Myers IMO.

I've only played four on the list and 3 of them shouldn't even be on a list titled best of anything. Crossroads is way better than Lester Lorch and Towne Lake, and even Harry Myers IMO.

Last time I played Crossroads, I was unimpressed. It's okay, but I was in a mood when I played so, I doubt I got the joy out of it I should have.

William Cameron Park was fun when I played it. A lot of walking but fun none the less.

I also like Saddle Hills, though it could use teepads.

Latest posts