• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What course won't you play alone?

When Dmbrun and I went up to Highland Park, IL we were told not to be up there around dark by a few people. Not sure what constitutes that, but the advice was taken!

Side note, one of Dmbrun and I's secret fishing spot is out in the middle of nowhere on an old bridge. Over the course of a year we've heard drums and chanting, my girlfriend and I saw a man in a clown suit standing in the road, and had another instance where a car full of people with tattoos all over their faces just sat there and watched us. Great fishing spot, but you can't pay me to be alone out there at night.

Highland isn't that bad, I've finished several rounds after dark there. I probably wouldn't hang out there at 3 in the morning but I've never felt unsafe playing there.

you should move here and take all of our money or try

..no thanks.

..not a fan of southern summers.

..if I'm down there again, I'll hit you up on DGCR and we hit the local courses down there.

..and if you're up in PA, we can go to Nockamixon, Jordan, or Parkway.

..no thanks.

..not a fan of southern summers.

..if I'm down there again, I'll hit you up on DGCR and we hit the local courses down there.

..and if you're up in PA, we can go to Nockamixon, Jordan, or Parkway.

no problem Christopher Cole, I really enjoy Nockamixon. Where else can you eat wild raspberries while playing disc golf.

Highland isn't that bad, I've finished several rounds after dark there. I probably wouldn't hang out there at 3 in the morning but I've never felt unsafe playing there.

^ This. I actually with they didn't put up those stupid closed at dusk signs. Now I can't glo in good faith.

Back when I first got in to playing seriously around 2004-5 I took a day trip down to charlotte and met some locals at Hornets. They told me to put anything of value in the trunk as there were a bunch of break-ins going on around there at the time. That was probably the least safe I've felt at a DG course.

Kelsey Scott in Salisbury is kinda sketch but back when I played it a bunch it was more like you would see a bunch of drug dealers hanging out on the bench near 8's teepad and under the bridge near 5's tee pad. I did see a bunch of used condoms hanging from the big tree on 3, that was kinda weird.

Apparently Barnett Park in Kinston is having a bit of a problem with muggings right now so if you are out there watch out if someone starts walking up on you.

When Dmbrun and I went up to Highland Park, IL we were told not to be up there around dark by a few people. Not sure what constitutes that, but the advice was taken!...

...I probably wouldn't hang out there at 3 in the morning but I've never felt unsafe playing there.

Highland Park, Illinois? Has it changed in 10 years? Cus when I lived in that area it was known as pretty much the richest/nicest city in Lake County, which is a nice county within itself.

Is Perkerson Park in Atlanta a bad course to play with even just 2 people? My brother and I have always wanted to play there but we drove by and definitely is in a BAD neighborhood.

Is Perkerson Park in Atlanta a bad course to play with even just 2 people? My brother and I have always wanted to play there but we drove by and definitely is in a BAD neighborhood.

I haven't heard anything bad, but I know that alot of good changes have been going on the course.
*Not much help, sorry!:eek:*

Highland Park, Illinois? Has it changed in 10 years? Cus when I lived in that area it was known as pretty much the richest/nicest city in Lake County, which is a nice county within itself.

Highland Park is in Joliet, not in Highland Park. Danny Cunniff Park & Fink Park (little boring 9-ers) are in Highland Park. Antisemitics might feel endangered in these parks. :D

Playing alone is not really the issue at Central Park in Schenectady......... watching your back for flying, stolen minivans IS!

The green cap in the foreground is a sleeve for the 15th hole. We were installing hole #11 at the time this happened.

42603_g.jpg

The next day i went out and shot some pictures to get an idea of how far this guy flew......... my grey truck to the right is where he left the ground. You can see the hole on the left. :eek:

42662_g.jpg

42663_g.jpg

Muse Park in Jackson TN. It's a big meet up spot for men interested in other men. So I tend to go with at least one other person. It's not like I couldn't handle myself, but I'd rather not have to.

We were told that the locals that you don't want to meet go up there at night to do whatever it is they do and it's best to stay out of their way.

Playing alone is not really the issue at Central Park in Schenectady......... watching your back for flying, stolen minivans IS!

The green cap in the foreground is a sleeve for the 15th hole. We were installing hole #11 at the time this happened.

42603_g.jpg

The next day i went out and shot some pictures to get an idea of how far this guy flew......... my grey truck to the right is where he left the ground. You can see the hole on the left. :eek:

42662_g.jpg

42663_g.jpg

Foooooooore!

Muse Park in Jackson TN. It's a big meet up spot for men interested in other men. So I tend to go with at least one other person. It's not like I couldn't handle myself, but I'd rather not have to.

Unfortunately one of our nicer courses is known for this. When we were younger it was the spot to go hang out and meet women and show off your cars. Eventually people would go there to fight and someone got shot. Cruising was no longer allowed. Then it became the spot for some happy mens. We hoped disc golf would end this. Now they have someone to look at.

I typically back my truck into a parking spot and sit on my tailgate and sell discs. That's like blood in the water for sharks. Someone told me that "backing" into a parking spot was a sign that you wanted attention. Now I park, jump out and run to hole one before anyone talks to me or winks at me.

I typically back my truck into a parking spot and sit on my tailgate and sell discs. That's like blood in the water for sharks. Someone told me that "backing" into a parking spot was a sign that you wanted attention. Now I park, jump out and run to hole one before anyone talks to me or winks at me.

I've been to a few parks that actually prohibit backing into spaces. There were signs and everything.

I've used the jump and run method myself as well.

Unfortunately one of our nicer courses is known for this. When we were younger it was the spot to go hang out and meet women and show off your cars. Eventually people would go there to fight and someone got shot. Cruising was no longer allowed. Then it became the spot for some happy mens. We hoped disc golf would end this. Now they have someone to look at.

I love the banner mr. Maven

I will concede that none of the courses I listed are as dangerous as I made them out to be, but they are the most dangerous I have experienced