• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What disc are you planning on bagging or anticipating the most used for 2021?!

first of the year buys were a Berg soft, Kaxe z soft, Champion Mamba, DD3 and Dxplorer. kaxe z was impressive with glide. champ mamba i like more than star mamba. Gold line explorers were $10 on dd.

really looking forward to the explorer and kaxe z the most.

I did some serious work with the M1 today. It may be a part of the bag for the foreseeable future.

I have completely overhauled my bag since last Summer to have more of a mixed bag with more Gateway love since I'm in that area. My new Buzzz is my favorite disc, but most people know that one. The Journey from Gateway has been an instant favorite for me in my bag. It's a 12/6/-2/1, and has been a great disc for controlled distance driver for my current arm speed. I also love how consistent the Berg is for approaches.

Removing 6 tons of discs from my Innova Superhero Pack II bag and placing a Barry Schultz Champion Leopard, DX Leopard 3, Star Teebird 3, ESP Buzzz, Lat 64 Compass, and two MVP Anodes back in. Nothing else in or out for the whole of 2021. Now I have room for a sandwich and won't need to buy a cart to wheel it all around.

I have completely overhauled my bag since last Summer to have more of a mixed bag with more Gateway love since I'm in that area. The Journey from Gateway has been an instant favorite for me in my bag. It's a 12/6/-2/1, and has been a great disc for controlled distance driver for my current arm speed.

I'm also trying more Gateway this year. I've thrown Wizards for a while, but last year I tried the Blade and really liked it for my O/S driver spot. Just ordered a few more fairway drivers from them, Diablo and Spear, to try them out. Speed 9 seems to be my sweet spot, and those 3 discs would cover the spectrum from O/S to U/S. Other than that, bag is mostly staying the same

I tried my slimmed out and settled down bag.. The Tesla is as much of a workhorse as my relay! I'm settling into Ohms/Envy's, Comets (I bought so many Comets this week) and another Whitler..

I'm real fired up on the Comets, picked up a big Z Saturn stamp, working on a Walled Lake, guys throwing in an old elite X that looks like awful washed out Tye dye.. Got a Z Comet Vader Dye coming and a blank 176 red comet to pick a dye for...

I'm real excited for that old elite X 6/10 baby barf Comet, I can't wait to throw an old elite X comet again.. Not X, ELITE X!!

I'm also trying more Gateway this year. I've thrown Wizards for a while, but last year I tried the Blade and really liked it for my O/S driver spot. Just ordered a few more fairway drivers from them, Diablo and Spear, to try them out. Speed 9 seems to be my sweet spot, and those 3 discs would cover the spectrum from O/S to U/S. Other than that, bag is mostly staying the same

I'm glad you're like the Blade. Mine has so much bite to it, it may actually be more than I'm looking for. I'm seeing how it beats in, but I may go with a different option for an overstable speed 9.

Speed 9s are where it's at. I like the Journey so far, but I've found that midranges and drivers up to speed 9 are what I like to have as the discs I throw most often.

My bag is staying the same except for a putter change. R-Pro Dart is in, XT Bullfrog is out. Pretty happy with everything else.

I've been bagging the R-Pro for a while (like, since it came out--LOL), and love it. If you are so inclined, the XT Dart is a great compliment, especially in white (every white XT I have grabbed has a more R-Pro like feel). It is like a stiff R-Pro, great for the longer runs.

Really changing up my bag this year with wayy less mids are more 3-4 speed discs.

Leaving my drivers alone as I'm happy with my Pro Destroyers, Beasts and Gstar Mambas.

For fairways will stick with a Leo3 and Teebird 3 and a Witness.

Going into the year with one Mid (Buzz) and then an array on lower speed stuff - Westside Maiden, Gateway Chief and Chief OS, Prodigy A3, ESP Zone and Banger GTs for putting.

The Same as 2020, I added the Archon Good in Star. This has made me think, Do I need my super OS Destroyer for the really really windy days? I also think my Impact outside of putting putters will be most used, if not then my Star Shark both due to how many uses the molds have. Also might use my Z Archon more as a slight US mold more.

Only thing that might change is switch from Magnet in Jawbreaker plastic to a D line Titanic so both my Proline Titanic for temps above 90F and for tight gap putts is the same as my main putter if not the Standard Pro D Magnet. Also I hate how in some runs of the Jawbreaker for the Magnet I get a mini puddle top that makes the disc loose a bit of the float to the glide. Still going to try my new Jawbreaker Magnets (Jawbreaker is least durable Disc plastic out for production today for good brands of discs) out and see of they get more glide as the discs break in a tick. If not I get the D line Titanic or the standard Pro D Magnet depending on what I feel is making Jawbreaker Magnet lacking for a putter. I wonder is it the Magnet mold or just the Jawbreaker plastic?

Last edited:
Bringing up the driver weights from high 150s to low 160s and shifting over from Neutron to Proton plastic. Last year I shifted from high 160s to high 150s and it was too much - OS were really OS and stable/understable were too understable. Got some new Waves, Craves, and added in some beef with a couple Defys.

Anticipating the release of the Rhythm and Cypher.

I bagged solely Innova for years and have decided last year to branch out to support a wider range of brands. My bag previously was as follows:

Putters:
KC Pro Aviar
XT Nova

Midranges:
Star Gator
Star Roc3
KC Pro Roc
Champion Panther x2

Fairways:
Star Teebird3
Star TL x2

Distance:
Champion Firebird
Star Roadrunner
Champion Wraith

As of now, here's what I'm now working with:

Putting:
SSS Wizard x2

Throwing:
Z Zone
HD Chief OS
Opto Pure
K1 Berg

Midranges:
Star Gator
Neutron Runway
ESP Buzzz
Opto Fuse

Fairway:
Opto River (ordering soon)
Star TL

Distance:
HD Blade
Diamond Journey
Avenger SS (ordering soon)

I'm currently working on figuring out my throwing putters and midranges, and will then focus more on drivers once I have the slower discs simplified. It's been a lot of fun retooling.

I'm messing around with 150g drivers while my ankle heals...that's really the only thing that's new. Aside from that...I don't plan on throwing any overpriced, overhyped plastic signed by "celebrities."

I've gone more stable everywhere.

Pure goes out, Zone goes in.
Added a Wasp to my Rocs.
Sting goes out, F2 goes in.
Cut out an understable distance driver.

I'll be testing out the Savant since the future of the CD2 seems to be up in the air. I like the feel of the Star and Halo I picked up. Guessing they'll be overstable for a little bit before showing the -1 turn.

I know it's gimmicky AF, but I really want to get my hands on the Tilt. I love Stegos but like the idea of getting the same flight out of something easier to grip. I've also got some Loft Hydrogens on the way and we'll see how those go.

Latest posts