• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc will replace this disc?

Ballingerj44

Par Member
So i threw my esp force in the water... Bummer. But i have been throwing various domey esp forces most of the summer problem is there not the easiest disc to find and actually like the flight. Im looking for some ideas on other discs to throw that will flip and go far. Just for some back ground i play on a course with many 400+ ft. holes. I need a disc i can get to flip and hold a line for a long time. I throw a buzzz (10yr) 325-350 and my 11x teebird about 350-400.

Now are trespass easy enough to flip and glide? And no prodigy they dont like the way i throw they all turn into the dirt or anny 100' off my line

Now are trespass easy enough to flip and glide? And no prodigy they dont like the way i throw they all turn into the dirt or anny 100' off my line

Yea Prodigy is a little inconsistant but if you find the discs that fly like they are suppose to then you will be surprised.

And I wouldnt say that its easy enough to flip. Its easy to flip if your throwing 450 but it should in no way turn and burn on you. The Lucid will be what I am basing my review off of. If you find it too flippy then get a fuzion and you should be good to go.

I have an old beat ESP Force that flies like that for me. Haven't found anything that flies exactly like it. Closest thing (for mine) in Discraft might be an ESP Crush and for Innova might be something like a Champ Beast.
YRMV.

Hurricane would also be a great choice, also a discraft pulse is a good disc comparable to the forces and destroyers.

A white or light grey 400g D2 flies exactly how you described for me. We throw similar distances. And it has that place in my bag right now.

Force by itself is a overstable disc.

If it flipped for you, it means that it was old and beat in.

How to replace it ? With any old beat in disc. Every disc gets understable if you beat it in enugh.

id say a star wraith that's wht I use for that shot

ESP Forces have a slight turn right out of the box. So DON'T beat in anything besides a Z Force. I still like the D2 suggestion. (Probably because I made it)

Force by itself is a overstable disc.

If it flipped for you, it means that it was old and beat in.

How to replace it ? With any old beat in disc. Every disc gets understable if you beat it in enugh.

ESP Forces have a slight turn right out of the box.

This is very true. When I threw Z Forces, I thought I had a mislabelled ESP (was a misprint) when I couldn't keep it from turning on me.

So i threw my esp force in the water... Bummer. But i have been throwing various domey esp forces most of the summer problem is there not the easiest disc to find and actually like the flight. Im looking for some ideas on other discs to throw that will flip and go far. Just for some back ground i play on a course with many 400+ ft. holes. I need a disc i can get to flip and hold a line for a long time. I throw a buzzz (10yr) 325-350 and my 11x teebird about 350-400.

if you are throwing a teebird 400 feet why do u need a new force just throw your teebird

If you like the feel of Discraft's ESP plastic then both the ESP Nuke and ESP Crank are far gliding discs with less stability than a new Force.

The Force has never worked for me (too overstable to glide for long distance and less controllable than a Crush when I want something overstable) but I love both the Nuke and Crank.

The Crank is a natural hyzer flip disc in my hands.

I throw a z-force or did i would use them as a straight to slight flip.... but always ended over stable obviously. It was old an beat but it was an older one it had a 2010 jbird stamp on it and i haven't found another esp thats as domey as that one. Thanks for the input keep it coming. And i dont throw my t-bird because it goes straight to hyzer that disc will not flip unless i have a head wind. Im looking for a max distance thrower when you have 740' and then a 900+ hole as 1 & 2 on your home course sometimes that 450' drive is needed

Someone wanna throw me a proto d2 ill take it cause those did fly nice but everything else is hit or miss... Except the m4, game changer

Maybe a FLX or ESP surge. A little less stable than a force, but might be similar to a beat in one.

I'll second the Crank idea. I haven't thrown one, but based on what I've read, it's as close to an out-of-the-box beat Force as you can get, with the possible exception of a Proline Hurricane. If I were you, I would try to either find a used Force or buy either a Crank or Hurricane.

Good luck with your search.

I throw a z-force or did i would use them as a straight to slight flip.... but always ended over stable obviously. It was old an beat but it was an older one it had a 2010 jbird stamp on it and i haven't found another esp thats as domey as that one. Thanks for the input keep it coming. And i dont throw my t-bird because it goes straight to hyzer that disc will not flip unless i have a head wind. Im looking for a max distance thrower when you have 740' and then a 900+ hole as 1 & 2 on your home course sometimes that 450' drive is needed

Sounds like Stony Creek here in Michigan. Toughest opening two holes I have ever played. I usually take my two 5's and look to make them up later.

Sounds like Stony Creek here in Michigan. Toughest opening two holes I have ever played. I usually take my two 5's and look to make them up later.

You would be correct stoney is,my home course you understand where im coming from. I had a proto crank and hated it anybody have input on the production runs