• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What discs to buy?

Honestly, don't bother with a super overstable disc like banshee, viper, whippet. Get a teebird or leopard instead.

we already have a leopard but are looking for newer discs to try and get better with since the 150s we have get blown away by the wind

Honestly, don't bother with a super overstable disc like banshee, viper, whippet. Get a teebird...

Welcome!

Get a couple teebirds, they're great in the wind, and a heavier putter for each.

You're well above average if you can flick a 150 leopard 300'. I'm happy to consistently get 300' sidearm with my wide rimmed D1.

My #1 advice is to test/borrow other people's discs and buy used plastic until you find something that works for your game. Also, check out our MarketPlace for great deals from fellow members.

Welcome!

Get a couple teebirds, they're great in the wind, and a heavier putter for each.

You're well above average if you can flick a 150 leopard 300'. I'm happy to consistently get 300' sidearm with my wide rimmed D1.

My #1 advice is to test/borrow other people's discs and buy used plastic until you find something that works for your game. Also, check out our MarketPlace for great deals from fellow members.

The 300' sidearm is with our 175 champion innova disc we found while playing one day

Honestly, get rid of it. Or call the person if there is a name/number on it.

He already said there was no name or number on it. I don't see why he should get rid of it. It could be a heavy leopard or teebird and something he can really use. Even if it's a valk or beast if he's flicking 300 ft I don't see the problem in keeping it. He's on a budget and sharing a bag. Keep it for now or even future use. At the very least use it as trade bait to get something else.

Look at the identification threads or post a picture of the profile or bottom of the disc. Innova uses abbreviations to ID molds someone can help you out.

As for your original question I'd try to start building separate bags when you can. A z buzzz x out is a good disc at a good price if you can get one. Also a champ leopard in the 165-175g range will be a big difference from your 150 dx and it should wear slow and hold stability. I'd try a 170+g putter too. Aviar again if you like those and you can stick to dx if you like that too.

He already said there was no name or number on it. I don't see why he should get rid of it. It could be a heavy leopard or teebird and something he can really use. Even if it's a valk or beast if he's flicking 300 ft I don't see the problem in keeping it. He's on a budget and sharing a bag. Keep it for now or even future use. At the very least use it as trade bait to get something else.

Look at the identification threads or post a picture of the profile or bottom of the disc. Innova uses abbreviations to ID molds someone can help you out.

As for your original question I'd try to start building separate bags when you can. A z buzzz x out is a good disc at a good price if you can get one. Also a champ leopard in the 165-175g range will be a big difference from your 150 dx and it should wear slow and hold stability. I'd try a 170+g putter too. Aviar again if you like those and you can stick to dx if you like that too.

Would $9.49 for a z buzzz X out be a good deal? And thanks for your input

Would $9.49 for a z buzzz X out be a good deal? And thanks for your input

its a good deal. if you can up your game to $50 you get free shipping at marshall street. i cant remember who else sells cheap x outs. i know gggt but there shipping adds up quick. someone else will know better about online sites with all the deals

its a good deal. if you can up your game to $50 you get free shipping at marshall street. i cant remember who else sells cheap x outs. i know gggt but there shipping adds up quick. someone else will know better about online sites with all the deals

That's where we saw it :) and I think I'll try and convince my friend to pitch in another 10 to get the free shipping

That's where we saw it :) and I think I'll try and convince my friend to pitch in another 10 to get the free shipping

its well worth it. why get 34 dollars of disc (40 dollars shipped. when spend 10 more and get 50 dollar (shipped) of disc.

If you are sharing then I would get two DX Teebirds 170-175, two DX Rocs 175, two DX Aviars 170-175. You can cover most shots with those 3 discs and are tried and true gold standards.

If you are sharing then I would get two DX Teebirds 170-175, two DX Rocs 175, two DX Aviars 170-175. You can cover most shots with those 3 discs and are tried and true gold standards.

Since he absolutely hates the putter he uses the shark as his putter so no need for two aviars. What could we add to replace the second one?

Since he absolutely hates the putter he uses the shark as his putter so no need for two aviars. What could we add to replace the second one?

I use to putt with my Buzzz for a long time. If I'm having an off day with my putters I still go back to it sometimes.

i first used sharks as mids and my putter. those were the days...

idk every suggestion of what new discs to get honestly wont steer you in the wrong direction. x comet wouldnt hurt

the teebird, roc, aviar line up is def tried and true but might make you into an innova lover. just remember there are other brands that are awesome too. but those 3 def will not misguide you. hell i only throw 1 out of 3 of those. and i could honestly play just about any course with just those 3

Latest posts