• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you consider a putt??

For putts 30 feet and closer I use a straight laser beam type putt with a lot of wrist action, which is by far my most accurate style of putting. From 30 to 100 feet I will use more of a drop-in fade putt. I have a much lower percentage chance of making this type of putt no matter the distance, but if I try the laser putt from over 30 feet out and miss metal, I'm going at least 30 feet past it. Anything over ~100 feet I will usually just try to lay it up unless there is a hill or some kind of backstop behind the pin.

I'm not really sure if this is the best strategy to use, but I just have very little confidence in my putting outside of 30 feet.

putt

When i first started playing a putt to me was 5-10ft from the basket,well the other day my son made a 30 foot putt with his putter,go figure!:mad:

I'm really glad I read this thread, I was wondering today when a friend of mine and I were playing and thinking about keeping track of putts, where you would draw the line, 30-50' sounds pretty reasonable, there are times I use a putter from a bit farther, but I would call that a chip more than a putt.

Latest posts