• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What do you forehanders prefer?

You should be able to throw any mold on the market regardless of FH/BH.[/B]

With correct form you can throw any disc by any method, but not every disc performs up to its maximum potential on every k

You should be able to throw any mold on the market regardless of FH/BH.[/B]

With correct form you can throw any disc by any method, but not every disc performs up to its maximum potential on every kind of throw.

Very understable discs are usually much nor difficult to OH accurately as they initially want to flip sooner and without a predictable roll.

Many discs feel quite awkward with a FH grip as well. And you'll never throw a disc your not comphorable as well.

First disc I tried to flick was a Flick. As I became more comfortable with release angles, arm speed I began to come down in stabality. I find I have more power with a forehand drive, thus starting with a disc that may be a bit more stable than you throw back hand may work for you as well. I went from Flick to Wraith to Surge, Surge SS & can now flick an Ti Avenger SS dead straight.

While there really isn't a FH and BH specific mold, the throwing style you use will dictate which discs work better than others for your desired line. My go-to FH disc is a 175 Z Surge SS. I get a nice predictabale S line out of it that will generally land straight out from my point of aim.

Others I've found that work for me are a Nuke (more fade to emulate a LHBH shot), Obex and Buzzz (shorter hyzer line to get around a tree or bushes to a "protected" basket, and a Teebird for a shorter hole or fairway shot.

I'm not a BIG forehander, but over the last year I have utilized it more and more for left to right cuts or just depending on the look/shot. I REALLY prefer the Pulse for a forehand. It's not super stable, its not super fast, its just a perfect controlled straight forehand with a reliable fade. I just put it back in my back as I got an ace with it on a hole I never thought you could ace. The forehand is useful to master, you cant just Anny every shot that really calls for a forehand.

Other faves F2 , Firebird, D3

I am looking to see what style discs people prefer to throw forehand? It seems many sidearm players prefer flat top over dome? But do you prefer, a more blunt edge like a firebird, xcal, or ape or a sharper edge like a nuke OS, predator, or D1? Lets see if there is a trend in the preferred wing shape.

Things I look for, generally from most to least important...

No +Rims
Good rim depth
No beads/curved lower wing (want flat lower wing)
Flat top

For plastics, generally prefer stiff grippy candy, but will go for floppy/grippy rubber for hyzer flips or long turnovers.

For rim width, 12-13 speed are the limits of my comfort (most I do is 11 speed).

Nose shape isn't really a factor per se, but again prefer a flat lower wing/nose.

For stability, something moderately OS is my sweet spot.

One other thing, assuming both discs have enough speed/distance for my needs, I do prefer a blunt nose to sharp nose (more forgiving of nose angle variance)

But I feel like that's a general preference regardless of fh/bh.