• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you get/buy with your tournament winnings?

What do you do with your tournament winnings?

• Plastic, i.e. full sized discs

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • Clothing

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Bags

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Videos

• Baskets

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Stools

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Disc Retrievers

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Minis

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Towels

• Other

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

stsren

Birdie Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Just curious what you Amateur folks do with the gift certificates you win at tournaments...

I'm kind of new to this.

Do you buy:

Plastic
Clothing
Bags
Videos
Other gear (please specify)

(Meant to do this as a poll...but oh well...answer away!)

Backups of the trusty reliables in my bag.

Hasn't been an issue recently, due to my poor finishes, due to the trusty reliables being neither trusty or reliable. Or perhaps it's just me.

Backups for the bag or more wizards to practice with usually, I've also been picking up clash videos lately if there isn't any plastic I want.

Last season I took my winnings and blew it all on a Moroccan vacation with just enough left over to have the expansion done to the pool...

Usually backups or minis, but I usually don't win:(
I wish I could get vids. I think I might try a birdie bag next time.

I got a shirt once but most times more plastic, getting backups is a great idea throw them a little in the field and you got a already beat replacement ready. Its nice not to have to worry about shots over water cause you got backups.

Depends on the $$ and what is available.
Here is my order of preference:
1. Good deals (anything priced to move??)
2. Discs that I use (for backups or practice)
3. Discs I can sell or trade with the fine people at DGCR

Lap dances.

And I think I got some macaroni and cheese one time too.

As someone who's usually on the donating side of the payout equation, you're welcome.

a little of everything. I like my plastic out of the box so back ups are essential. I have gotten a bag, clothing, dvd's, and a traveler basket once.

"Tournament Winnings"? What is this you speak of? :p

When I've cashed, I've usually picked up a disc or two, although recently I picked up the highly touted Clash VI DVD, and it certainly was worth it!

get CFR discs in plastic that isnt usually offered, back up discs that you use, rocs all kinds, the only pdga torney i won, i got a innova comp. bag with DGA gel straps...