• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you name your discs?

I have a Boss that I have named ELI, because it weighs 173 grams, and "173" upside down looks like "ELI". I like to choose 173g discs for that reason.

It's kind of like naming a cat.

It's never going to listen when you call it, so it really doesn't matter what it's name is.

My cat knows her name. If you say sergeant fuzzy boots, she comes to you. Too bad my discs won't listen to my directions when I say their names. F'n tree, my bliz wraith, is the worst at listening.

Pink GL Halo = Steve Buscemi (Mr. Pink)
Glo Firebird = KITT
Blue GL River = John Fogerty (or Proud Mary)
GL Bolt = Michael Bolton
X Buzzz = Tim Allen

My buddy carries 2 S-TDs (careful phrasing) which I refer to as "AIDS monkey" and "Patient Zero"

I think there are more, but I can't remember them all.

Dunno it seems like bad business to name (and therefore attach emotion to) an object that you routinely smash off of trees and throw into bodies of water. I'm distraught enough when I lose a disc without feeling like I lost a friend too.

All of my discs are called "Baby Girl" When they are flying. Besides the zone. he's a dude.

My friend has an aviar we call "the lotion" because he puts it in the basket.

Funny, I say something along the same lines when I'm putting.

He places the disc in the basket...

MISSES!

PUT THE GOSH DARN DISC IN THE FRICKIN' BASKET!

I have a Teebird known as Peachy (it is peach colored). I like to "Whippet Good" sometimes.

The guy I play with names a lot of his discs, though most of them are for the dye. He bought one of DF's used Destroyers which is simply referred to as Feldberg.

Actually I did nickname one of my buddy's discs. It was a skin colored Yeti pro so it became the "flesh yeti".

I have a black PD and I call it "Rick James, Bitch!"

I also have a few CFR TeeDevils with a Las Vegas Gentlemen's Club stamp that I call my "Sexy Bitches".

I had a yellowish star teerex with an Orange latice pattern dyed on it, i called it "Apple pie" and when it went well I called it "sweet sweet Apple pie"

I have an excessively overstable [fat] FLX pred that I only use for overhand shots.

I refer to her as Brenda. It's been in the bag since FLX plastic came out- and is still a fat pig that likes to drop out of the air when thrown BH. It's the only disc I have ever named.

I also have a black Wizard, but haven't named it or thought to name it yet.

Aside from the obvious Harry Potter references, any suggestions out there?????

I also have a black Wizard, but haven't named it or thought to name it yet.

Aside from the obvious Harry Potter references, any suggestions out there?????

Every time you reach for it in the bag say "excuse me while I whip this out"

Latest posts