• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What do you use for driving putters?

Mvp Atom. I'd be surprised if any putter had more distance potential than those shallow Mvp putters, they are practically mids. That doesn't make them any better than other putters, I just wanted to point out that if distance is what you're looking for they are hard to beat.

Never had much success with driving putters - until I got an Envy & Atom.

I've settled on the Opto Pure. Laser straight, doesn't really hyzer well but will hold an anny mostly the whole way. I've dabbled with a few but eventually got the Opto Pure and haven't looked back. Others I've tried and while they did well, I felt that they were too slow. The pure seems just a touch faster that most putters I've throw for drives and doesn't float off or get squirrely as easily. I just picked up an Aviar3 as I dont really have a stable putter ITB. I have a Harp, but I dont put that in the same category. Its also BT plastic and I personally prefer premium plastic for my throwing putters.

Serpent - Straight and neutral, not a lot of glide. Mild hyzers and flip ups, straight shots, and soft flexes. 300' and under.

Zone - Hyzers of all sorts, flex lines, straight to fade, headwinds. 275' and under.

Classic Roc(s) - I throw DX and Champ. The DX are for touchier, flip ups, turn overs, anhyzers, lower power line shaping, and tailwinds. Champs, being beefier, will get used on more hyzer lines, flexes, straight to fade shots and fighting moderate head/LtoR winds. 325' and under.

I use all of them off the tee as well as for approach play.

Opto Pure and Ti or ESP or Z Zone

I'm working with KC Pro Aviars and Wizards but am still more confident and consistent with the Buzzz. Are Cryztal Challengers widely produced? I didn't like Z FLX but was hoping it might work. I hear good things about Cryztal. Also, MJ makes me want to try a Banger.

Ti Zone, Neutron Envy for drives and upshots. Shaman for upshots. Zone is the only one I can really crank on for a FH. I use them all for standstill flick shots.

Fuzion Warden for slow turnover to flip-to-straight.
Lucid Suspect (if you want to call it a putter) for straight to fade.

I had been using Challengers, but I am not big into rotating them in Pro-D or JB and they do not readily make them in ESP or Z. Still a solid driving putter if you're good with going through a bunch of discs.

Lol...all anybody who wants to discredit this forum has to do is tally this thread up and display how infrequently the word "Wizard" appeared. :|

Ridge.

Unless I need a a lot of stability, then a Harp or Stego. Deputy and Mirage go back and forth for turnover duty.

Lol...all anybody who wants to discredit this forum has to do is tally this thread up and display how infrequently the word "Wizard" appeared. :|

about 5-6 years ago wizard would have been the most popular answer I'd guess. Which is right about the timeframe right before/during the manufacturer explosion. Nowadays, there are so many choices, there's not nearly as much consensus.

It's like when somebody says they dislike the Comet. It says more about them as a golfer then about the disc.

I use Shields and Harps as my throwing putters, of course.

Feel free to now view your other choices with the appropriate inadequacy and disdain.:D

It's like when somebody says they dislike the Comet. It says more about them as a golfer then about the disc.

Says the golfer is smart if he or she dislikes the Comet. :D :popcorn:

As to the Wizard, it's a fine driving putter, but the Judge and Pure gave me more distance in head-to-head throws on the range. I'm sure others have their reasons for preferring other putters than the Wizard for their driving needs. :popcorn:

I have 4 Wizards and 4 Atoms and I like all of them but distance is a big factor to consider when using them as a driver. Fact is, I get considerably more distance from an Atom. I haven't thrown a Pure but I would expect similar distance from it. So why would I limit myself to just a Wizard for driving? Your turn Mr. Super Moderator!

Latest posts