• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What do you use for driving putters?

I tried to add a smiley but alas I have failed again.

Just type a colon : then a right parenthesis ) right after it. Sometimes you have to do it manually, as clicking (on the computer) or pressing on the icon (on one's tablet) may not work if one has antivirus or adblocking.

Stop being overly sensitive. I was saying that when people dislike the Comet, usually it's because they don't have the cleanest form and can't utilize the disc. If I was making a personal jab at you I would say that Panthers are for sissies.

Stop being overly sensitive. I was saying that when people dislike the Comet, usually it's because they don't have the cleanest form and can't utilize the disc. If I was making a personal jab at you I would say that Panthers are for sissies.

If you'd meant it about form, you'd have said so in the first place. So I don't believe you; you WERE making a personal jab. You know it, I know it, we all know it...heck, it's unanimous...

I have 4 Wizards and 4 Atoms and I like all of them but distance is a big factor to consider when using them as a driver. Fact is, I get considerably more distance from an Atom. I haven't thrown a Pure but I would expect similar distance from it. So why would I limit myself to just a Wizard for driving? Your turn Mr. Super Moderator!
Lol. Obviously one size doesn't fit all here. My comment merely mentioned a striking lack of mentions of a disc that traditionally has been regarded as the best driving putter. I never said EVERYBODY should be mentioning it. :p

Just like the "write in your favorite Disc" thread, I feel it would be fun to tabulate these kind of threads. Not saying I want to do it myself, but, would be neat. Envy is where it's at.

I would be the lone guy with a Lightning U-2 or Upshot #2 in Prostyle plastic. I am looking at the P2 if I get another Driving putter, as I now tend to use more my Star Shark 175 grams in the driving putter place. Also have a old Pro plastic Shark same weight and it is used more for Approach shots though the Star Shark can do that as well.

I have 4 Wizards and 4 Atoms and I like all of them but distance is a big factor to consider when using them as a driver. Fact is, I get considerably more distance from an Atom. I haven't thrown a Pure but I would expect similar distance from it. So why would I limit myself to just a Wizard for driving? Your turn Mr. Super Moderator!

beat-in Wizards can go pretty far. it's funny you consider the Wizard limiting while many consider the Wizard limitless.

175 gr Wizards in ER and SSS. I also have a Star Aviar but I think I like the KC Aviar much better. I like the feel of the KC Aviar and it does well in the wind