• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What do you use for driving putters?

If it's an open fairway shot, I'll sometimes use my Electron Ion. If it's wooded I stick to my Neutron Envy because the electron plastic warps pretty bad. And then there's my all time favorite disc, the Zone. That's a putter I just enjoy throwing all sorts of ways. Backhand hyzers, backhand skips, forehand approaches, overhand, grenades, pancakes, etc.

I don't drive putters, but if I did, I'd drive with the Particle.

Due to the courses in my area, probably 50% of tee shots are with a putter. Mostly Star Aviar3 for strong hyzer finishes, Star Dart for straight shots or a little flex, and then Pro-D Soft Magnets for some seriously late turning hyzer-flips. Comfortable with all 3 out to appx 275ft. The Dart has tremendous range though and can push 325ft. But at that distance, a 75% effort fairway driver or mid (depending on the line) is way more consistent and comfortable.

Ion for all putter drives, and most midrange drives. If I need a little more distance or to fight the wind I pull out my volt.

Wizards, beat to varying degrees.

I like putters in the woods for most shots sub 300 that don't have really hard bends left or right. For those I may pull our a stable utility mid, or shape a simple side arm (since my side arm is weak).

Zone for flicks and BH hyzers
Champ Classic Roc for BH everything
Wizards when I'm bored/I feel like it for BH everything
Polecat on occasion for point and shoot

I cycle Clutches in Protege plastic. Really underrated putters off the tee IMO. If it is extra windy out I have a pink Legend Clutch that I'll put in the bag. It is a bit more OS and has slightly less glide, which I prefer on windy days.

I recently fell in love with a pro Challenger. For me it is the most overstable putter that still flies like a putter. It's perfect for straight and slight angle 300ish holes. I throw BT hard Harps when I need more stability or angle retention and for max distance or turnovers I like to throw pro P2s.

Beat ProD Ringer for annys and straight, Cryztal FLZ Ringer for wind and hyzers.

Glo Wizard for straight to left finish and Ion for slight right to hard right (RHBH). The Ion is fairly beat. I'm good to 250, after that unless it's downhill, I'm picking up a mid.

you got options!! for a bit of context it was a stiff big bead back in the day..

now uh...its like just beautiful the amount of streamlined bead or no that will push air to the side and land softly. which is the ider.

if you want to start with basics any modern aviar or wizard copy will work. I would suggest buying the originals and expanding into the realm of amazingness

I bag 5 Rhynos, 2 luster champs for putting, 1 champ for OS, 1 GStar for straight, and 1 R-Pro for US and get out of jail shots.

Two VIP Crowns, one to turn a good deal and one straighter, a VIP Harp (does Harp things, plus is my FH/OH get out of jail card), and a soft Harp that's worn into substantial concavity up top for straight shots that have to drop short and hard.

Last edited:
DGA Breaker

Love the low profile and over stable flight. I can get 220 to 280 on a clean straight line or 200 to 240 on swing hyzer.

Going into the off season I may bag a Zone for those windier days.

Latest posts