• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] what do you use for rollers

Coffman

looking at utilizing the roller shot more often. I currently use a pro Vulcan for my rollers it started out going pretty straight before it faded but seems it wants to go left a lot sooner ( left handed back hand) I don't know if its the disc getting beat in more or if its me. looking for a good roller disc that will go straight and one that will fade right or advice if im doing it wrong. thanks!

I use beat to **** anything dx or low/midgrade plastic. Right now a dx polecat and a dx gazelle. Trying to pick up a beat to **** ppd as well.

looking at utilizing the roller shot more often. I currently use a pro Vulcan for my rollers it started out going pretty straight before it faded but seems it wants to go left a lot sooner ( left handed back hand) I don't know if its the disc getting beat in more or if its me. looking for a good roller disc that will go straight and one that will fade right or advice if im doing it wrong. thanks!

Backhand or forehand?

I recently started throwing FH Rollers and I'm using a super flat OS 12X Firebird and getting some great control and distance.

You need the landing angle more like \ instead of |. Take note of the wind and terrain also.

I throw a Pro Vulcan and really it all depends on landing angle. Excellent max D disc.

that's uncharted waters that I need to dive into, the forehand roller. tried it a few times and it wasn't pretty. but ive saw guys who know how to throw them and man its a good tool but I get so discouraged when trying to throw em.

I'm not a huge roller but my main forehand rollers are a Suspect, Banshee and Hellfire

Backhand rollers are a Champion Panther, DX Teebird and a Star Roadrunner.

I've tried rolling everything in my bag, but these are the most consistent for me.

thanks guys, ill try some dx plastic and work on my angles. I really think this is a good shot to master especially on some of the longer fairways.

Slightly understable disc that still has some fade. You have to learn the best angle for your roller disc to hit at for distance. You want it to land about \ stand up to here | before it goes to far right, and not fall over too fast. I'll use anything that's slightly understable for this shot. At the moment my beat roc, beat TL, AND a slightly beat pro destroyer. But you can roll anything once you learn the angles

I used to use a beat Star Valkyrie until I retired that disc. More recently I was using a GStar Beast which made a good roller. Since I switched to the Sirius Scorpius as my primary distance driver, I've recently started rolling a 150 ZeroG (Blizzard) Scorpius and I've thrown the longest shots of my life that way. I'd guess any long range driver in Blizzard would make a pretty great Max D roller.

I like a really beat up Pro Leopard for this shot; lasts long enough to be a long time roller but also breaks in easily. Get something that you can naturally overthrow to the ground ... basically you want to be able to turn and burn it into the ground consistently when throwing it flat, if possible. I find those types of rollers to be quite a bit more predictable than the big sky rollers or the ones you are having to force over super hard because they aren't flippy enough.

I like trowing neutral discs for backhand rollers...Crave, Volt etc. I can hit my landing target better if I aim at it instead of hoping the discs turns over to it.

Beat *D Destroyer for distance (rare).

Eagle L or Leopard for accuracy and fun (sometimes).

Champ Firebird for FH roller get out of trouble shots (often).

I can't do backhand rollers because of chronic shoulder injury, and only throw forehand rollers. I'll roll just about anything, but I sure do favor s-pd for finishing straight to slight right, and a beat DX Teebird for finishing left. Hit the angle right and you can ALMOST mimic a backhand roller.