• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] what feels like an opto pure, but has some fade?

mattc

* Ace Member *
I love my opto pures, and i throw them more than any other disc in my bag.
However, sometimes you need some fade.
Is there a disc that feels the same as a pure in hand, and comes in a premium opto type plastic?

^only issue would be if his pures "don't fade" :confused: im not sure an envy would be any better. Maybe a touch more LSS when new but pretty similar discs.

I threw a sinus back when I bagged baseline pures for more fade but they don't come in premium.

The warden is a bit more towards the overstable side than the pure is, plus it is now available in lucid & moonshine as far as I know.
Dynamic has them at least.
https://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Dynamic-Discs-Moonshine-Lucid-Warden-Small-DD-p/6232.htm
I know it is a little deeper feeling than the pure, but will have a little more fade.

If willing to try a microbead, the shield is a useful offering. It is strangely HSS without being a meathook during the low speed fade. It still has a good fade to it, just not as much as you would expect given its HSS.

Good luck,
I drive with pures, was lucky enough to get some domed grip pures for my OS pure, if that doesn't cut it I go for a trashed soft harp.
Some shields in bt medium are waiting in the wings for when the grip lines loose their nerve though... Wish that plastic could be resurrected.

Envy for a little added stability and fade, or maybe a Jokeri if you need over stability and more fade. Both feel similar in the paw.

I love my opto pures, and i throw them more than any other disc in my bag.
However, sometimes you need some fade.
Is there a disc that feels the same as a pure in hand, and comes in a premium opto type plastic?

I throw Clutch now instead of Pure, but both are shallow, neutral-stable putters. Have you tried the Harp as an OS complement? Harp is the same depth as Clutch and Pure (1.4 cm) and available in VIP as well as various baseline plastics.

Haven't tried an Opto Harp yet, but that would surely have more fade than a Pure.

Opto Pures, if I'm remembering correctly (been awhile since Ive thrown one) are really long for a putter, but the Suspect is quite a bit longer. It's a tweener in that it's shorter than a typical mid, but it's still in the mid category. It also has a bead.

BUT its not a bad choice at all. I highly enjoy my Lucid Suspect, just not for putter driving type shots.

thanks for the suggestions/feedback, keep them coming

i have a couple envys, and i beat the fade out of them pretty quickly.
also, they just dont come out of my hand the same as the pure
i almost need to throw them (change my release angle) higher, to get them to go anywhere
making it hard to switch back and fourth between the two.

i also carry a Zone, but its a little too aggressive of a dumping fade for the slot i am trying to fill

i have a couple of Evo Wizards i need to revisit

Opto Pures, if I'm remembering correctly (been awhile since Ive thrown one) are really long for a putter, but the Suspect is quite a bit longer. It's a tweener in that it's shorter than a typical mid, but it's still in the mid category. It also has a bead.

BUT its not a bad choice at all. I highly enjoy my Lucid Suspect, just not for putter driving type shots.

i think the fact that the pure does go so far, is whats making it hard for me to find a good disc to pair up with it.
(there is no equal)

maybe i should try switching back to the envys and leave the pures at home?
(that would be tough to do)

Yeah, I did not think he was limiting it to just putters. Heck, the way I use them, Pures are mids. Anyway, the two go together like peas and carrots. I also carry a VIP Harp for some courses, but those have more than just a bit of fade.

Latest posts