• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is going on with Flying Disc Magazine???

JR Stengele

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I signed up for a two year subscription and the last issue I recieved was in May. Has anyone else gotten one since then and if not what the heck is going on? I have emailed them three times and have had no reply. I am hoping they didn't just scrap the magazine and keep the money. ANYONE????:confused:

All I hear are horror stories. Consider your money donated. It's too bad someone doesn't put a decent magazine together that's real.

I haven't received anything at all and I signed up in Jan for 2yr sub. Can't get a hold of anyone from there. Boo this magazine!

I signed up a few months ago. I put in a dispute from Paypal and escalated my claim. I heard from the magazine once they claimed to be in between printing cycles and would be shipping soon. Also claimed to be sending my DVD. I have not seen anything yet. CRAP!

Last issue was May as well. I talked to the guy awhile back and it sounds like one of those one man operation things so maybe has happened to him? Dont know but I have called him and emailed a bunch in the last 3 monthes and

NOTHING!!!

The website is still up and there is new stuff shuffled around there for awhile so unless someone is playing a joke there is someone still out there. Just called the number again and it still works and still has a "flying disc magazine" message

Last edited:
i didn't go with the subscription to the magazine, but did pre-order the fundamentals dvd through them, suppose to get a signed posted with climo and feldberg. i'm guessing no one got those either. not sure what the deal is there, but they have certainly not been dependable in following through with their orders, and not easy to get in contact with.

I havent been dupped yet but I sure am starting to wonder.

That is such B.S.
I know it is not easy but the least they could do is put some sort of info up on their site for all of those who put money down. I paid with credit card I believe so I guess I am SOL unless you all know otherwise a way to get it back? With the worlds just finishing you would think they would have something to write about!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I was dupped. I guess that is what you get for trying to support something DG without any true following. Another reason why Timg IS THE MAN! Although the site is free, atleast when we buy something through him he sends it and with quick delivery I might add. = )

Dont hang em yet. Everyone who has put in an order call his number tomorrow and see what happens. If nothing, then I will join the revolt!

Dont hang em yet. Everyone who has put in an order call his number tomorrow and see what happens. If nothing, then I will join the revolt!

I WANT TO BELIEVE! I DO! I DO!:D

I got my DVD that I ordered when I re-upped my subscription for two years. Haven't got a mag since May but I figured summer is a prett busy time for them

However, if we are right then I say off with their heads! ; )

There are too many inconsistant stories of when people have or havent received stuff. We need to band together before we start frying this guy.

Starting tomorrow everyone that has ordered something from them call their number, leave a message if no answer. After a couple of days if none of us get any response then we will at least know there might be something fishy going on. By the end of next week we will know that they dont care and we can all try to get our cash back. This guy doesnt want to not answer all of our calls of a bunch of paid subscribers, bad for business, and at least it will give us a pretty clear answer.

Didn't see any presence (publisher Rich Givens) at Worlds but he was there last year at Kalamazoo.

I almost subscribed and I'm glad I didn't. I was buying them at the local bookstores but it looks like they are not getting copies either. I hope they pull through this and come out strong because I did enjoy reading the magazine. One would think that they got their act together after the PDGA dropped them for the same problem. I hope you guys atleast get your money back if they can't give you what you signed up for!

That is such B.S.
I know it is not easy but the least they could do is put some sort of info up on their site for all of those who put money down. I paid with credit card I believe so I guess I am SOL unless you all know otherwise a way to get it back? With the worlds just finishing you would think they would have something to write about!!!!!!!!!!

or at least someone from the mag would be there!