• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is going on with Flying Disc Magazine???

I can't find a phone number for them. I've left emails and never heard back.

I've talked to the flyingdiscmagazine DGCR member who reps them on this site. Last time I heard from him was 6/15, and never heard back. Heres the last message I received from him.

Report Private Message
Private Message: Re: Wheres my mag?
06-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Bogey Member

Re: Wheres my mag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22
Hello,
I signed up for the 2 yr subscription in Feb and haven't received any issues. Whats the latest issue?

Hi, we went an issue out in Feb and another in April. You are saying you received neither? Can you confirm your mailing address for me?
Rich

I talked to someone about a month ago, he said they were having money problem. He said they were trying to work it out and would be running as soon as possible. I don't think they folded up yet.

OK. Cool. I thought it was just me. I wrote them with no response.
If you paid for your subscription with a credit card you can dispute the charge. You'll usually get your money back right away and it's up to the company to prove why you still owe the charge.

The number for them is 7243081121

Thanks for the info fellas. I will give it a try today.

Anybody get a person? I called once last night and twice today and gt the message every time

OK. Cool. I thought it was just me. I wrote them with no response.
If you paid for your subscription with a credit card you can dispute the charge. You'll usually get your money back right away and it's up to the company to prove why you still owe the charge.

or open a dispute on paypal

Called and got no answer. Weird..... I am starting to see a trend I think.

Ya me too and that sucks not only cause I lost money but that mag was pretty cool

I haven't seen a FDM in a long time. They need to get their stuff together and act like a legitimate business or start refunding some $$$ asap

I'm in the same boat with you guys.. although I actually did get the one mag (May?) and the DVD. A very expensive mag and DVD at that.

This should not come as a surprise to anyone.

During their year as the official PDGA magazine, they missed deadlines & failed to get all issues out. Moving on without a guaranteed 10,000 subscriptions was iffy, at best.

I subscribed for one year, but with full knowledge of this. I figured if they make it, great---I like the lightheartedness and "don't-forget-disc-golf-is-fun" style. If they don't make it, I've lost the equivalent of one disc, and not an essential one at that.

$19.95 for one year, 6 issues, one of which has been received.

What probably happened is they were trying to do things cheaper then it actually costs, i used to work at a press and what it costs to make 10,000 magazines is somewhere around 50-60k not to mention what they pay for travel to getting stories, and paying for photographers ect... ect.. most magazines require two things that any disc golf magazine would have a hard time getting and those things are;
1.) a large number of subscribers
2.) big paying advertisers (the only way mags actually turn a profit)

I have seen many independent mags startup and then die immediatly, most small mags are almost entirly supported by a larger organization and if these guys were having problems being supported by the pdga then i think its safe to say they are probably never going to recover without them...

Latest posts