• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best STRAIGHTEST fairway/mid disc?

There is a 1st run mako i could get but its 180g... i would want a lighter weight mid rang for straighter throws right?

i have 3 makos in star plastic and 1 in CFR. the star are all 180 and the cfr was 172. "was" 172 because i gave it to a friend, it seemed to fade a little and that's not what i wanted. idk if it faded because of the giant dome it had or because of the weight. my guess is the dome affected the PLH and added some overstable...ness

i think you'd be very happy with a 180, but there's a good chance the lighter weights in star are just as straight.

Sabre, beat DX teebird or River for fairway. Fuse or core are both really straight glidey midranges, but it is possible to turn them over.

All depends on your skill and throwing style. I throw a 150 champ leo a 168 dx leo and a 175 champ leo. I can make them all do the same thing, I just throw them differently. I also use a 175 pro d buzzz for straight shots. If you can't make a leo or buzzz go straight, you're doing it wrong.

For out-of-the-box straight and glider discs, I vote for:
Mako
Impact (longer than mako)

If you want to beat in a disc then you can look at (among many others):
TL
Dx Teebird
Leopard
XL
Stalker
Buzzz
Comet
and on, and on, and on

But the Mako and Impact are straight right away in my experience.

My go to straight fairway is my seasoned glo champ Gazelle. Goes for forever with little fade.
I have a 170 mako I've been trying out, for approach shots that never fade, just drops flat.

I think i might go with this star mako. Love the disc design and lots of people seem to like it.
Screenshot2011-05-25at40550PM.png

Buzzz is the straightest disc i have ever thrown , other than a putter

seasoned DX teebird. it'll fly straight for 350' with no fade, great glide.

FLX Buzzz seem to have more glide than the other buzzz's i've thrown....