• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best STRAIGHTEST fairway/mid disc?

I would get yourself a Comet and a Buzzz. The Comet is literally the most responsive disc out there, if your form is even a little bit off, it's going to fly out of control. If you can teach yourself to throw the Comet well, you can teach yourself to get the most out of your mid-range throws, and then when you get to throwing the Buzzz you'll have a lot of success with it.

X Tracker
hit it right and it just goes dead straight

how would you compare to the dx teebird? had thought bout snagging some x-trackers before but wasnt sure if they could give my teebirds a run for their money .. to the OP i would have to go with da Comet

how would you compare to the dx teebird? had thought bout snagging some x-trackers before but wasnt sure if they could give my teebirds a run for their money .. to the OP i would have to go with da Comet

it's been a long time since I threw a DX TB
the X Tracker may not be as HSS as a new DX TB but it also won't fade like a new DX TB

at doubles yesterday I threw one off an elevated open medium length hole
right of the basket expecting it to fade in
no fade...just kept on going straight till it landed
I may have wrist rolled (I do have bad form)

where the X Tracker shone for me recently was on a friends private course that is very technical with very tight holes and lots of trees

I FH through gaps with just wrist action, went decent length on low power, again with out too much fade

made me so happy I got discspeed to set aside 6 for me from CWDGS and they should be here soon

that'll give me about 10 and I'll use them for field work

edit: in summary, not quite as HSS but less LSS as well
so far, and I don't like to use this dumb analogy, but literally a longer buzzz

I dare not criticize anyone, but the question on this thread is probably not going to produce a useful answer.

The straightest fairway mid?
For what distance? I can get a flat Firebird to go straight for maybe 50ft.
BackHand or ForeHand? Are we making the broad assumption that everyones FH and BH will fly the same??
Used or new? My beat Eagle-X is actually good for 250' tunnel shots, but I don't think I could do that with a new one.
What kind of plastic? A DX Teebird flies somewhat differently than an 11x TB.

You get a better answer if you ask the right questions...

RHBH
Mid- Opto Fuse 100-225
Fairway- Beat in * Teebird (shorter drives 225+) or Champion Eagle L, for whatever is too long for the Teebird, (sorry River but you can be finicky for tight straight shots and too wind sensitive)

Latest posts