• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the disc that everybody else loves...but you just can't stand?

Roc, any plastic. Feels like an alien being in my hand.

Same here. Everyone keeps saying to try it, and I have one and give it another shot, but it just doesnt feel right to me. That, and I really dont like my mids that overstable as I like to finess my mids and approaches.

Count me in on the Aviar hate wagon, never felt comfy to me.

I just thought of one I gave to my son who liked it because it looked cool.

XL! I see so many times on here it get recommended for a beginner disc, like a Discraft version of the Leopard and I could not stand the f'ing thing. I dont know what weight it was or anything but it was old, fly-dye and Elite Z but gummier than what the Elite Zs that I have got recently are. thing is at least 6 years old if not more.

Damned thing was more like a Wraith with worse fade for me. Odd thing is, I found it and hated it and lost it, then found it again. Even leant it to my fiance's daughters boyfriend at a course with water hazards and he threw it in. I thought I was finally rid of it but low and behold, there is the F'ing thing floating right to shore. It's like I was cursed with it!

Giving it away was my last option.

Seems Teebirds get a lotta love, just not from me. I trust the JLS more personally.

The Roc. It seems like everyone around here loves it. I cannot stand this disc. You need three different ones to get it to do what you want and it still does not fly well.

Nikko Locastro.

Oh wait, you said discs, not players. Whoops.

I'll go with the Shark. It's not a loved disc by many around me, but I can't keep that thing straight. It's just too understable for me, especially once it's beat at all.

Nikko Locastro.
Oh wait, you said discs, not players. Whoops.

That was funny. I have to agree on the roc. I tried for a long time to like them... and I did have a few that I liked, but they seemed to always change on me week to week. I also never found one to go straight over the whole flight path. I could definetely shape shots with them, but not dead straight. I think the roc is a good disc, which is where I differ from from a lot of other buzzz throwers, I just don't like having to carry more than 3 of a disc just for mids. I switched over to discraft... esp buzzz for most of my mid shots, z buzzz when I need a little extra slide/skip action. For right turns (RHBH 99%) I use an ESP Comet, and for left turns (or wind) I keep a FLX Drone. They are very predictable discs and for that reason, I have a box full of rocs sitting at the house.

destroyers....I couldn't trust the star ones to fade hyzer at the end. I had the same trouble with the T-Rex.

I had a champ CRF Destroyer that was ok because I only used it for big hyzer shots.

I'd rather throw a Wraith or Surge with hyzer than trust a T-Rex thrown flat.

The beat dx Roc that has become understable and they can't afford to lose. Why not just throw a stingray/comet or a putter if you need something like that? Granted I do carry one, but I'm not all bananas about it. My special blend Roc I am crazy over though. It's a sweet stable midrange that's hard as hell to beat in.

More me it would have to be Aviars. I had one when I first started but it just didn't feel right in my hands. But I'm sure if I had tried one of the beaded versions I might have liked it better. I can't use a beadless putter they just don't feel right.

All the discs rated over speed 10 (and their counterparts from other manufacturers). I use a fan grip and I cannot control them well. So, the loss of accuracy far outweighs the extra 30' of so I can get. I sometimes use a Wraith if there is nothing to loose and a birdie to gain by getting an extra few feet.

All the discs rated over speed 10 (and their counterparts from other manufacturers). I use a fan grip and I cannot control them well. So, the loss of accuracy far outweighs the extra 30' of so I can get. I sometimes use a Wraith if there is nothing to loose and a birdie to gain by getting an extra few feet.

That's a really good point, I've worked on throwing mids and fairway drivers a lot more recently, and my consistency and accuracy have gone way up thanks to that. I also throw a wraith, and very occasionally a destroyer, otherwise most of my drives are aviar/roc/buzz/cheetah/eagle.

You know what I'm talking about, maybe you're the one guy throwing a Rhyno amongst Aviar chuckers. Maybe you're all about that weird Epic disc.

What disc can't you stand that everybody loves?

Me? I'll pick the Wizard. It's not so much that I hate it...just that I like a LOT of other things better.

\/\/

2 for the wizard, I'll stick with my aviars thanks. ;)

Elite Z XL. I could make it go anywhere I wanted, as long as I wanted it to go hard right (RHBH).

Latest posts