• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the disc that everybody else loves...but you just can't stand?

The boss in general, im sick of noobs trying to bomb it 250' the damn thing was made to go 500' i have had a few, i think they are garbage personaly, just leave me to my esp force.

Man, way too much Aviar hate on this thread. I never met anyone whom didn't like them. One of my favorite discs for sure.

R-Pro dart. I used it as a putter one round and if that thing hits anywhere near a knuckle it bounces straight backward. Turbo putters seem to dig it though.

destroyers....I couldn't trust the star ones to fade hyzer at the end. I had the same trouble with the T-Rex.

I had a champ CRF Destroyer that was ok because I only used it for big hyzer shots.

I'd rather throw a Wraith or Surge with hyzer than trust a T-Rex thrown flat.

I had the same problem with a t-rex, but I found the destroyer to be better. But now I know what to do if that starts not working.

any thing with a bead on it they just don't seem to fit rite in my hand idk all the ppl who play round here are all about it but....

Starfire L/Pro Starfire--most schizophrenic disc I've ever thrown. Never does the same thing twice. They should have called it the "Crap Shooter" 'cause its basically a roll of the dice.

I would have to say the Kite is that disc for me. Everyone says it's a great mid-range and everything. I have a star Kite and I try to work it back into my bag every once in a while and I always end up cycling it right back out within a few days. Too understable for me, I like overstable mid-ranges.

I'm loving this thread! I'm going to add Roc here...but I don't really hate it.

I just don't like it as much as I like other mids. I like the BuzZz so I'm already biased against it...but I like the meteor for some things,and the tsunami's allright, and hell I like the Skeeter that a lot of others don't...

But those rocs...too complicated for me.

Is it a san marino, ontario, rancho, east bumble ****, is it domey, flat, angular, covered in moss, is it one of the already excessive plastics or one of the golden mystical only found at the bottom of the dark ayss plastics that only made it on to like 7 rocs ever and were stamped with pure platinum...

forget it. Hand me a buzZz in some random weight and plastic...and i'm putting it by the damn basket. End. Of. Story.

\/\/

Man, way too much Aviar hate on this thread. I never met anyone whom didn't like them. One of my favorite discs for sure.

This thread is made for the haters :)

I don't think it's a bad disc...just there are a lot of alternatives now...and some are a lot better for specific people...like most of us :)

j/k I keep my aviars around for practice putting, and for others to try out, because I know it's a user friendly disc. But I don't keep them in my bag.

\/\/

another vote for the roc.

i never can figure out what all the fuss is about, and why someone is willing to pay $45 for a san marino/rancho/ontario flat-top/slightly domey cfr plastic under 175grams roc.

I heard a lot about the Avenger, ran out and bought one and it did absolutely nothing for my game.

actually, I haven't found a roc in recent years I've been real happy with; the old one were gold thoough

I personally like a lot of the stupid stuff others hate, so this is really fun to watch :)

A lot of discs on here are specialty discs or ones that suck in a particular plastic I've noticed. Like the Valk...if you've played with it in any type of trees your DX is probably flippy as hell, and the R-Pro Dart that thing is one floppy mo-fo.

Heck I like the R-Pro boss to some extent, I have to throw it a bit differently to keep it REALLY flat...but it'll go when you put some sauce on it.

I don't like the wraith either, but I'm not blaming the disc yet, blaming myself on that one.

\/\/

Latest posts