• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the disc that everybody else loves...but you just can't stand?

R-Pro Boss. Most flippy POS disc. If you can't put some power on a 13 speed driver without it flipping into a roller, there is something wrong with the disc. I tried putting a \ angle on it (rhfh) and it flipped completely over and rolled. The rolling is also inconsistent, I'd much rather fh roll a flick than a r-pro boss.

In general anything faster than a destroyer. The groove and boss both suck.

oh, and 1 more for the aviar. Just feels bad in my hand.

R-Pro Boss. Most flippy POS disc. If you can't put some power on a 13 speed driver without it flipping into a roller, there is something wrong with the disc. I tried putting a \ angle on it (rhfh) and it flipped completely over and rolled. The rolling is also inconsistent, I'd much rather fh roll a flick than a r-pro boss.

In general anything faster than a destroyer. The groove and boss both suck.

oh, and 1 more for the aviar. Just feels bad in my hand.

Guess u have a +13 speed fore hand. Try throwing it hackhand and it's a miracle worker for me to break 400'.

I dont know how anyone else feels about them but i despise champ/pro Orcs, so much fade.

Roc Hater

Rocs
Yep I just don't get it and I hate the way they feel in my hand.

Attachments

• RedandBlack150pxWeb.gif
    RedandBlack150pxWeb.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 5
Guess u have a +13 speed fore hand. Try throwing it backhand and it's a miracle worker for me to break 400'.

At the time I tried to throw a r-pro boss I was able to hit 400 with a destroyer and hardly threw backhand. Now I don't even throw innova and I throw forehand and backhand with the same distance (325+ backhand, 350+ forehand). I may be able to tame it down now that I've worked on form and snap with less power, but doesn't seem worth my time to mess with a non-wind (or tailwind) open-air 1 use disc.

At the time I tried to throw a r-pro boss I was able to hit 400 with a destroyer and hardly threw backhand. Now I don't even throw innova and I throw forehand and backhand with the same distance (325+ backhand, 350+ forehand). I may be able to tame it down now that I've worked on form and snap with less power, but doesn't seem worth my time to mess with a non-wind (or tailwind) open-air 1 use disc.

Yep, those Rpro crap are a novelty. Of course the longest flying disc for me is only good til it hits something.

Buzzz. boring disc to me. If I want straight I throw putters and when I need more D I have Rocs to cover that. Not a bad disc, just not for me

Aviar. The rim is way too deep for me to get a good release, and I don't have small hands either. It's just not comfortable to hold.

I can't believe I haven't heard anything about magnets/challengers/titanics yet...I mean I like them, I just figured people that toss something else would complain about them :)

...or is Midnight kneecapping you when you try to post bad of his babies?

\/\/

I can throw a buzz for crap. I have used rocs and love comets and have wasps in my bag. I just cant get a buzz to do anything! I blame me!

I also think the following discs should be banned until I get enough arm to throw them:
Boss, X-cal, destroyer, starfire, more later gotta work

Buzzz. boring disc to me. If I want straight I throw putters and when I need more D I have Rocs to cover that. Not a bad disc, just not for me

Are you saying I throw a boring disc Chase..... I am heart broken and distraught. But I can see what you mean, I mean you could just buy 100 Rocs of varying beats and get the one that almost flies as straight as a Buzzz lol.

Oh and as for discs that everyone throws that I hate I'd have to say its the Aviar P&A can't stand that damn thing.

I really just want to bump this thread back up there because I stumbled upon it at work and it was fun to read over again.

But I will say that I haven't hated a fan favorite in a while. Some I can't throw but lately it's been because it's a too fast or overstable disc or whatever.

Still hate aviars though. And the roc has tipped the scales onto my hate pile. After throwing the mako and Gator and wasp and cro and core I just don't get the roc.

I also have discovered I don't hate the wizard just non SSS wizards.

Monarch (hate it)

Used to be a Roc (takes awhile to get used to in your hand) Now I carry 2-3 of them in my bag.

Can't think of anything else, mainly because I think I throw everything that everyone else likes.

The buzzz does wonders for me when I don't feel like using my roc, and when I don't feel like using my buzzz, I throw my roc. Both are amazing when I want to use them. But in a way, I hate BOTH OF THEM!!!!

So if they are overrated, and lame or whatever, what is better? :)

Buzz. I bought one, used it for a while, and never liked it. Just would never do anything my Roc or stingray would do better.

Latest posts