• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the disc that everybody else loves...but you just can't stand?

stingray, love the flight, but worst grip for me
roc, just dont like the grip, but i like the way they fly
monarch, junk backhand, love it for thumbers though
wheel, nuff said :0
birdie, just a goofy grip
banger gt, felt good, but release was inconsistant
i'm sure theres more, but i know some love these discs, sadly i liked some but they just dont work for me

Spider - Can't stand it.
Groove - I don't like it and don't know anyone that does.

Last edited:
I second that. I think newbs hear that it holds the distance record and they buy them by the dozen. I've found more valkyries than any other disc and they are always the flippiest pos's I've ever thrown.
this is the disc i always seem to find. 4 all together in my life: 2 dx, 1 star and one champ. my gf lost the champ a week later, i really liked that disc.
:mad:

im also gonna vote for the aviar, i have 2 in my bag. i use my star for some serious an/hyzers. its worthless for putts. i also thoroughly disliked my cheetah. threw it in a lake out of anger one day, havent thought about it until now.

R-Pro Boss. Most flippy POS disc. If you can't put some power on a 13 speed driver without it flipping into a roller, there is something wrong with the disc. I tried putting a \ angle on it (rhfh) and it flipped completely over and rolled. The rolling is also inconsistent, I'd much rather fh roll a flick than a r-pro boss.
Hole 2 at Pease Park requires you to throw a big hyzer out over the creek, which my Destroyer did beautifully. Unfortunately I had lost my Destroyer the day before (I did have it returned to me later though, yay :D) so I broke out the R-Pro Boss, which I rarely throw. I knew it was going to be somewhat flippy so I decided to throw a super-high hyzer to make sure it would come back. Well, my hyzer went about 150' high, but when it reached its apex the damn thing still flipped over and sailed over all those trees on the other side of the creek and out into one of the busiest streets in Austin. Being R-Pro, I didn't hold out much hope for it withstanding the traffic onslaught and I just kept playing since its not easily accessible. After a few more holes the course circles back on the other side of the creek where I find my Boss laying untouched in the very center of the street. I just can't seem to get rid of this damn disc!

2f304934.jpg

0dc79717.jpg

i like that sign.

Whoa, I just realized something. In the top left corner of the tee sign (behind the "2") there is an illustrated picture of the view from the teebox. That's pretty friggin cool.

good ole aviar. i want to like it but it feels strange coming out of my hand. the rim feels really deep.

I'd say both the Roc and the Buzzz. I can't stand either one of these discs. Neither feels good in my hand or flies the way I like. I tried out both because of how much love both of these discs get but I couldn't get either of them to do what I want

R-Pro Boss. Everyone rants and raves about the extra distance it adds. Do like the feel of the plastic though. Maybe it didn't have enough weight or something, but every time it flipped over on me even when I released with a pretty severe hyzer. I'll stick with my 173 Star Boss instead.