• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the disc that everybody else loves...but you just can't stand?

Xtreme. I cannot throw that sucker farther than 125 feet. It's a mad overstable skippy putter for me. Kudos to those who can make it an overstable driver..

I have to comment on how everyone poops on the valk because its so flippy and unthrowable yet some crazy mega-armed Swede put the damn thing >800'.

Clearly we are all doing something wrong!

I have to comment on how everyone poops on the valk because its so flippy and unthrowable yet some crazy mega-armed Swede put the damn thing >800'.

Clearly we are all doing something wrong!

I agree.

I won't own a Groove, just too much for my style:gross:

monarch, my friend wants mine but i want to learn how and where to use it. cause sometime ill be at that hole where the monarch will be the perfect disc for. but as for now i can't throw it worth a ****. lol

another vote for the roc.

i never can figure out what all the fuss is about, and why someone is willing to pay $45 for a san marino/rancho/ontario flat-top/slightly domey cfr plastic under 175grams roc.

and now that i've said that, i have one of the new star rocs comnig to me in the mail courtesy of toothyfish, so we'll see if i jump on the bandwagon....

monarch, my friend wants mine but i want to learn how and where to use it. cause sometime ill be at that hole where the monarch will be the perfect disc for. but as for now i can't throw it worth a ****. lol

Monarchs are weird, especially if you have a heavy one, you have to beat them in like crazy before they'll do what they're told.

I think Teebirds are overrated (let the flamewar commence!)

Groove -- I get so annoyed when ppl say it's better than the boss, because it's clearly not! Doesn't live up to its specs of 13? 6?!!

Groove -- I get so annoyed when ppl say it's better than the boss, because it's clearly not! Doesn't live up to its specs of 13? 6?!!

Agreed...
i call it the "disc-tease"....
you buy it wanting it to be more than a wraith, hoping it will be what it claims, but in the end, since you dont have the arm strength and/or snap it has the most aggressive fade of them all. Every once in a while, you get lucky throw it right and are impressed, but in the end, its $15 spent on a disc to add to your mothball collection.

Latest posts