• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the quickest way to beat in a new disc.

Instead of using your ThighMaster™ at night, start using your disc. I do it for about 15 minutes per night, per disc. Improves your accuracy too for some reason. O_O

Instead of using your ThighMaster™ at night, start using your disc. I do it for about 15 minutes per night, per disc. Improves your accuracy too for some reason. O_O

Maybe you should elaborate more on what you mean. The image this conjures up is... disturbing. :gross:

Maybe you should elaborate more on what you mean. The image this conjures up is... disturbing. :gross:
337.sf.ss.op.Thighmaster.Jenx476.jpg

What more do I need to explain? :eek:

I have heard of a few methods to break a disc in. First I have heard if you take off the flashing, which is the thin piece of plastic on the underside of the discs rim. I have done it with and SOS pad. I have also heard of putting the disc in a pillow case or something and putting in the dryer for about 20 minutes on low heat. I have not really tried the dryer idea but the spike hyzer thing sounds good.
I do this with a very fine file and it works well for me. You need to be very careful not to noticeably change the shape of the disc, or put any sort of wear pattern on it if you plan on using the disc in tournaments though. We're talking just enough to remove the flashing, then use the disc for short putts and shots that are not ideal for it. IMO this is the best way to break it in without risking doing something that will have an undesirable effect on the disc.

I had an old Leopard that got thrown into the street and ran over by a car. I've never had a disc fly as well as that one...right until it flew into a lake.

Go into a carpeted room and throw the disc down on the floor(not too hard) and it should beat it in nicely.

^ ^ ^
This

I put a carpet square on my cement garage floor and threw a new, unusually stable ESP Comet into it hard about 40 or 50 times and it smoothed the flight path into straight very nicely. I found, if thrown on the right angle, it would bounce back up to my hand and I could get multiple throws before having to chase it down.

buy discs that are less stable out of the box instead of buying discs that are too stable for you and need to be destroyed first.

Latest posts