• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the worst disc you ever bought?

Vote on the worst disc ever made

• Total voters
Quest Odyssey - wow this thing is hugely understable.....I threw it with a huge hyzer and watched it flip over into an anny. It is totally uncontrollable for me. The first time I threw it, I watched it corkscrew in the air, and land upside down in the lake. Unfortunately, it floats, so I couldn't say it was lost. This thing is like a pair of cheap sunglasses, keep's coming back!

for me it was my ken climo aviar it sucks and i dont feel like buying a new putter though i do have a horrible driver called the leopard

The 10 Meter Brick. Actually, I did purchase or own the brick. However, it was offered to me in a trade. I think I would have more success putting with an actual brick than the disc named "The 10 Meter Brick".

worst for me at the time was definitely my first disc- a discraft marauder 179 grams. waaaaaayyyyy too much disc- probably set me back 6 months just trying to learn to throw it.

I agree. I bought the control driver and putter because they float. If you throw the control driver like a normal driver, it goes crazy. I have only been able to use it for mid-range shots around the water. Which Odyssey did you buy?

Quest Odyssey - wow this thing is hugely understable.....I threw it with a huge hyzer and watched it flip over into an anny. It is totally uncontrollable for me. The first time I threw it, I watched it corkscrew in the air, and land upside down in the lake. Unfortunately, it floats, so I couldn't say it was lost. This thing is like a pair of cheap sunglasses, keep's coming back!

Quest Odysseys suck the big one. Not only is gripping the disc difficult do to the joint of the two pieces, but they deform badly after a few hard collisions.

I could say Epic, Turbo Putt, or the Wheel..but thankfully I never bought any of those.

My worst was a Star SL. I don't even remember why I bought it. (when you already throw a Valk and Wraith well, why bother). I threw it a few times and traded it as it was useless for me.

The Epic is fun to throw on the practice field but it is useless on the course. The SL is one of my favorite discs. The R-Pro Dart works well for me also.

2 sucky discs....

Dragon- bought a light one for my son, he hates it too!

Hatfield, you beat me to it. When I was just gettin' into DG I bought a Dragon and a Goblin at the same time:doh:. These were the 2 worst discs I ever bought. The sparkly plastic on the Dragon is just a magnet for crazy nicks and gouges; and who cares if the dang thing floats! It was way understable. Gave the Dragon to one of my brothers to get him into DG (to no avail).

The Goblin simply HATED me. I couldnt get that stinkin lead-brick to go anywhere I wanted it to. I even tried using it for putting but no such luck. I gave the Goblin to my nephew to get him into DG. I was happy that I would never see either one of those discs ever again.:D

I also like my R-Pro Dart. I only use it for putts in the 40 to 50 foot range. I actually just got a birdie I had never gotten before yesterday, sinking a 50 footer with my Dart. :) As far as worst disc I have ever bought, probably an R-Pro Boss 160g, I never figured it out, it flies way understable for me, but it makes a good roller disc I suppose.

another vote here for dragon.

Like a turd that won't flush, the Dragon only disc you wish would sink.

Dragon, the Wheel, or the Rock-It. I bought the first one for its floating quality. But I could never throw it, so it didn't really matter. My dad bought the other two for me at Christmas a few years ago - I just couldn't throw either one (and I'm not sure the wheel is even meant to be thrown).

The dragon: such a kick ass name and logo for such a crappy disc. Its a real shame.

I also had a groove once. I bought one of the first runs and had it for about a month. never really used it in rounds but was really trying to master it in practice. Then one day it got stuck in a tree and I couldn't find it. I gave up after 30 mins to start playing a round. About halfway through I get a call from a restricted number and its some punk kid who found it and was trying to f**k around with me by wanting 50 bucks ransom for it. tried to get his name but the little f**ker hung up. It wasn't so much the loss of the disc that bugged me, but it was the nerve of that kid. If I ever find him...

I had bad luck when I ordered on line 5 Cheetahs. Yeah, I'm old. the first runs with the star stamp were so long and straight. I had to get some more. Well, I got 5 that were not first run, had the production picture of a cheetah stamp, were from 160 to 175 grams, and every last on of them were the most understable things I ever threw! gave them all away. Severely disappointed that the mold changed that much.

Second was a Latitude 64 Opto translucent champ-like plastic driver (I forgot what model), but it was so unstable, it turned over and rolled when I tried to throw spike hyzer! Gave that away too.

Latest posts