• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth? (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
9.5/10 175 Gold
I am not positive but I think this may be a pre-release CE Leopard(Correct me if I am wrong please)? I tried looking up more information but to no avail? Anyone? Plastic feels like all my other CE fingerprinty(see the fingerprints on the back of this one) discs.
Heres the pictures!
2i05bo2.jpg

mjx35u.jpg

35iyruv.jpg

I've asked this question before. it's SE which is depressing. but it's still 50-60 bucks.the clearest definition is that it's from 2000, CE began in 2001 and in it's infantcy was more clear than opaque.
sorry if this is a buzz kill but I've been through this before...

^^^ It looks alot like the gold first run CE discs too though. Isn't there a CE Aviar with a 2000 stamp?

^^^ It looks alot like the gold first run CE discs too though. Isn't there a CE Aviar with a 2000 stamp?

I agree that it isn't CE but it is SE that was right before the CE came out. so basically it is the pre CE.

I would think the value is higher than 60 but since Jeff deals on these all the time i would think that is ball park number.

sweet disc... throw it!!!

Are there 2000 stamped CE aviars? I also thought I had heard the same thing. Also whens the last time you saw another one of these for sale? I couldn't find any.

Are there 2000 stamped CE aviars? I also thought I had heard the same thing. Also whens the last time you saw another one of these for sale? I couldn't find any.

yeah that is what i say... just sell after xmas... you will get at least twice the current value.

this is the only one ive seen with a 2000 stamp. not sure if there are any other discs that have a stamp from that year and are ce.

the leo does look like ce almost but thats the funny thing with se plastic and some ce plastic. it feels similar but jeff is right...its se plastic.

So why is his 2000 Leopard SE and the 2000 Aviar CE? Appy said that CE was 2001, and the earliest CE was more clear than opaque.

I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious why.

not sure. there's definitely a difference in plastic.
I pretty much got ripped a new one when I said the leo was CE
not sure if it's a chronology thing where the leo was earlier and the aviar was later.
I guess the best way to say it is " it is what it is..."

I just picked up this LS, with the same 2000 doubles stamp, that looks like they could have dyed it the same day they ran my CE-JLS.

I took a hot knife to the outer rim of the LS for a little heat seal surgery and it melted like butter into place. Fingerprinty and stiff, YES!

dscn0379o.jpg

dscn0381i.jpg

I just picked up this 2004 Z Buzzz pearly Wasp tooled 174.5 (scaled) 10/10 no ink. It's from the August 21st-22nd, 2004 Southern National Amateur Disc Golf Championship in Memphis, Tennessee. It's very pearly and i'm wondering if this would be a FR or 2nd FR and what it's worth. Thanks!

Buzzz5.jpg

Buzzz4.jpg

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

I just picked up this LS, with the same 2000 doubles stamp, that looks like they could have dyed it the same day they ran my CE-JLS.

I took a hot knife to the outer rim of the LS for a little heat seal surgery and it melted like butter into place. Fingerprinty and stiff, YES!

dscn0379o.jpg

dscn0381i.jpg

That looks like a cigarette burn on the bottom of it. I could have sworn a heard somewhere that "fingerprinty" was oils seeping out of the plastic as it degraded. I have seen it a bunch on older Millennium (pro) plastic. The Polaris LS run that was CE was 1.13. I am not sure what the dates were that they made that run but you might try hitting up zamson. Even the CE Polaris doesn't fetch $20 sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.