• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth? (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013-03-02_17-27-39_269.jpg

Picked these up from a friend with a bunch of other discs. These Ching Aviars? Color hot stamped? They are both KC Pro with small beads!

There might be some small chance they are KC Pro but I think they are probably one of the hard slick dx runs they did of small beads. I putt with small beads and I have one that feels like early star/slick/KC type stuff.

That one site. DGValues? Innova kinda site? They have hard slick stock stamp SB Aviars for sale.

There might be some small chance they are KC Pro but I think they are probably one of the hard slick dx runs they did of small beads. I putt with small beads and I have one that feels like early star/slick/KC type stuff.

That one site. DGValues? Innova kinda site? They have hard slick stock stamp SB Aviars for sale.

Man these things are rock hard and feel like KC Pro. Just figured. I didn't think they ever made them in KC Pro either, why I was a tad confused. I bought a bag from my friend and they were in it.

Slightly off-topic question. I keep hearing about zippertop Rhynos. Were Rhynos the only mold to ever have that texture? I ask because I recently bought a Champ Viking that I think might be a zippertop. It sounds like a vinyl record when you run your fingernails across it.

Slightly off-topic question. I keep hearing about zippertop Rhynos. Were Rhynos the only mold to ever have that texture? I ask because I recently bought a Champ Viking that I think might be a zippertop. It sounds like a vinyl record when you run your fingernails across it.

No not only Rhynos. I've got a couple of CE Vipers that have the zipper-top.

I know there's more as well.

I have some zippertop Vikings as well. As I understand it when there is a zippertop its because the mold is brand new. The zippertop "rings" come from the cnc cuts in the metal. The more they use the mold, the more those markings wear away.

I have a friend that's considering selling a small (40-50 discs) collection and would like to sell in just a few lots(3-4). He not interested in piecing it out 1 at a time. He brought them over and I took pics yesterday but left my camera behind today. Following are some things I'm trying to get an idea on and then these should end up in the marketplace within a week. Pictures will be following later today or tomorrow. Need some price help on the items in bold so I can help him put some fair prices to them - Good chance I will be the one posting them.

8x APX Swirls (All new & 170g-175g - 3 Blue, 3 Purple & 2 Pink)
Old Red Comet (Need a Pic) - New
5x Double Circle stamped Pegasus (All new - 2 Black, 2 Red & 1 Green)
2007 USDGC Rocs (White Star 888, Black 888, Champ Big Bird, Champ Wheel, a few others)
Other DX(Reverse facing) and Champ Rocs
A few assorted CE, KC, early run Champ discs & 1st run Star Destroyer.
3x New Augusta Wraiths

8x APX Swirls (All new & 170g-175g - 3 Blue, 3 Purple & 2 Pink)
Old Red Comet (Need a Pic) - New
5x Double Circle stamped Pegasus (All new - 2 Black, 2 Red & 1 Green)
2007 USDGC Rocs (White Star 888, Black 888, Champ Big Bird, Champ Wheel, a few others)
Other DX(Reverse facing) and Champ Rocs
A few assorted CE, KC, early run Champ discs & 1st run Star Destroyer.
3x New Augusta Wraiths

Info from EBAY. As far as the Pagasi... typically with Old DX plastic, black will get a premium $$$ and heavier is usually better. If they are mint wall hangers the stamp will be very important in pricing. Rainbow, oil slick, hologram, sparkle, party time etc. .... will typically get more than a solid color stamp. Good Luck!
cmrkCKnl.jpg

WOW you actually got the full $50!?!? i can't believe i let mine go so cheap a few months ago. feelin like a jackass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts