• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a new PFN star beast toward the end of last summer at a sporting goods place nearby. I didn't even realize PFN was a thing when I bought it, the disc was just a weight and color that worked for me. I don't care if it is worth a premium (it probably isn't). I'm more curious about how long it was sitting on the shelf unsold.

How long ago were PFN star beasts produced?

Not sure if these are old or rare enough to be worth money, and I doubt I would ever consider selling them. But I would like to know if they're worth more than sticker price so I know if I chuck one into a hard to find place I should keep looking until I find it :)

I have are a max weight '09 Disc Golf World Championship Z Drone, blue, brand new, first run the Drone was made in premium plastic. I use to have two, after I lost the first one they released the FLX Drone, which I had to try, and is still in my bag.

Also have first run Snowflake Opto Strikers, XXX, Riot, and Vision. Plus a Gold Line Pole Dance/Stripper Striker.

I also have some of the first discs Lat64 ever made. Premiere Edition Sinus, Medius, Primitus, and 2 Mirus. The Sinus is still in the bag, and I like to break out the Mirus's on occasion because they're so damn grippy and have massive dome and glide.

So, are any of these worth anything?

Well, I checked and Marshall Street still has a couple Premiere Edition Mirus's left in stock for $6 somehow... But what about the rest? :)

Also have first run Snowflake Opto Strikers, XXX, Riot, and Vision. Plus a Gold Line Pole Dance/Stripper Striker.

I also have some of the first discs Lat64 ever made. Premiere Edition Sinus, Medius, Primitus, and 2 Mirus. The Sinus is still in the bag, and I like to break out the Mirus's on occasion because they're so damn grippy and have massive dome and glide.

So, are any of these worth anything?

stripper GL worth the most with a limited run of 250 I believe. One listed on ebay for $80 currently but wouldn't take less then $40 if I remember seeing some sales on here for the 2009 stamps. snowflakes small premium.

Those first production discs... yep $6 seems about right :D that plastic is legit tho should have never gotten ride of pures in GRIP line.

Damn, only 250 of em out there? I almost feel bad for throwing it now...almost :) Its top is even flatter than the snowflakes, maybe even a bit concave, and is the most overstable striker I've ever thrown. I don't throw it often, but when I need something between my opto strikers and XXX, but longer than my tridents, its my go to disc.

I believe there was an even more limited run of 100 opto strikers signed by Jesper, I wonder what those go for now, I almost bought one of them, probably should have...

I do wish they would make more discs in that grip line, I don't think they use it for any of their drivers anymore. But its great plastic/rubber and makes an awesome sound when you bounce it off a tree :)

Last edited:
Not much of a Millennium guy... 7/10 w/ a little ink on back and a sticker that says Elite-Z dyed (Walmart :doh: ) This is a bad pic, has a little dirt on it, but it came right off.

Attachments

• Capture12.JPG
    Capture12.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 49
I have a PFN Star Beast. It's dark blue with a gold stamp. 7/10.. It's got some ink (a name and additional weight) written on the back by the original owner. PEOPLE REALLY NEED TO RELAX WITH SHARPIES. How much is it worth? :)

Old dx. Ink on the plate, but otherwise 7/10.

Attachments

• 10382103_10152666821163506_7590246383484015518_o.jpg
    10382103_10152666821163506_7590246383484015518_o.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 36
CE valk, faded stamp, otherwise the disc itself is free of gouges\scars\any real wear. Very fingerprinty taffy like feel, no ink, "ultra long range driver". What would rate\apprase this at?

Last edited:
Forgot pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20150124_152639.jpg
    IMG_20150124_152639.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20150124_152621.jpg
    IMG_20150124_152621.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20150124_152527.jpg
    IMG_20150124_152527.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 25
Valks are probably the most common CE disc out there, so the value isn't as high as something like a Teebird would be. $25-30?

Prototype Buzzz OS 10/10 178g

Monster Star PFN Patent Number 7/10 171g rainbow stamp

Banshee Champ PFN Patent Number 10/10 149g rainbow stamp and cog shaped cloudiness on flight plate

Teebird Champ 11x Patent Number 7/10 165

Your opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

_ihomLSFcv9A5MapbwKJAAdhJR0OVL-gfUvODcSzdJw=w823-h836-no

Valks are probably the most common CE disc out there, so the value isn't as high as something like a Teebird would be. $25-30?

yeah I was going to say in that condition even $20.

@DarkGreen- weight on banshee is a killer. Looks like stock prices.

$20-30 on TB also lower due to weight IMO.

$30 buzzzOS

$Good luck on the monster :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts