• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this rare Star Max worth?

I found this on the course (no name or number on it). There is no ink except on the common area on the back of the disc in the center which reads "MAX 176." This disc is in almost perfect condition (9.5/10). It can almost pass as brand new but on the back it looks like it was thrown once, maybe twice.

I didn't know anything about it until I asked on this site. And there is a listing for one right now on ebay with no bids.
http://cgi.ebay.com/FIRST-RUN-RARE-...ultDomain_0&hash=item45f271723e#ht_748wt_1063

According to this ebay seller, it is a first run Star Max, that features a first run stamp, that was only given out to pro players at the 2006 USDGC.

How much is it worth? I mean how much is it worth to the collectors out there? Because to a non collector, it's just another Max to throw.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC01480.jpg
    DSC01480.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 59
I found this on the course (no name or number on it). There is no ink except on the common area on the back of the disc in the center which reads "MAX 176." This disc is in almost perfect condition (9.5/10). It can almost pass as brand new but on the back it looks like it was thrown once, maybe twice.

I didn't know anything about it until I asked on this site. And there is a listing for one right now on ebay with no bids.
http://cgi.ebay.com/FIRST-RUN-RARE-...ultDomain_0&hash=item45f271723e#ht_748wt_1063

According to this ebay seller, it is a first run Star Max, that features a first run stamp, that was only given out to pro players at the 2006 USDGC.

How much is it worth? I mean how much is it worth to the collectors out there? Because to a non collector, it's just another Max to throw.

Thanks

Last one I saw sold went for $20.

I'm interested if you are looking to trade it, hit me up on a PM.

CE VK

Anyone know what this is worth? 8/10 condition with ink on the back.
003.jpg

Last edited:
i got a proline spider yesterday 8/10 no ink how much is it worth and if it were brand new how much

All I can tell you is that it was approved by the PDGA on 01/01/87 so at least we know it is pretty old.

There's a good niche market for those, especially if it's in really nice condition.

Well I know there were some misstamped panthers that had the hammer stamp on them. They were all red with a yellow stamp. Much like stamps that are done wrong, these are worth a lot more than a normal hammer. If it is a panther with the hammer stamp, it could be worth up to $50. Throw it and see if it throws like a hammer or a panther an report back.

OK, prerube. Here's some for ya, the highlights of a few goodies I unearthed last night:
blaxx.jpg

Top row (L-R): Phenix, Classic Roc, Stingray, Gazelle, Cobra
Second row: Pegasus, Pegasus, Pegasus, Aero, Lynx
Third row: Cheetah, Stingray, Stingray, Python, Barracuda
Fourth row: Shark, Shark, Viper, Moray, Moray
Fifth Row: Birdie, Birdie, Birdie, Birdie, Scorpion (all old mold Birdies)
Sixth row: Raven, Hammer, Roc, XD, Scorpion

Dude, you're nuts; black significantly ADDS to the value. Jimmy the Greek told me that black discs are actually carefully engineered to perform at a higher level for you with less wear & tear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.